Drama at the Oscars
The 84th Academy Awards saw onstage antics which added spice to the event and the classic and sophisticated fashion at the red carpet was dominated by ladies in white, gold and red.fashion and trends Updated: Feb 28, 2012 01:25 IST
Onstage antics added spice to the 84th Academy Awards
1. Emma Stone and Ben Stiller get playful before presenting the Oscar for Best Visual Effects.
2. Tina Fey bows at the ashes spilled by Sacha Baron Cohen.
3. Virginia Madsen gets her dress fixed on the red carpet.
4. Milla Jovovich looked ethereal in a beaded Elie Saab gown.
5. Sacha Baron Cohen dressed like his character from The Dictator.
6. Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow in a mock argument before presenting an award.
7. Rose Byrne and Melissa McCarthy chugged sips of Grey Goose vodka onstage.
Classic and sophisticated, fashion at the Oscars’ red carpet was dominated by ladies in white, gold and red
1.Rooney Mara glowed in a Givenchy Couture gown
2.Gwyneth Paltrow looked elegant in her Tom Ford ensemble
3.Cameron Diaz dazzled in a curve-hugging Gucci gown, complemen-ted with a full-feathered trainbold in gold
4.Meryl Streep wore French fashion house Lanvin’s first-ever custom-made eco gown in golden hue
5.Jessica Chastain in a flowing black gown with intricate gold detail by Alexander McQueen
6. Ellie Kemper glittered in an Armani Prive strapless gownhaute in red
7. Michelle Williams wore a tiered Louis Vuitton gown
8. Natalie Portman looked incredible in vintage Haute Couture Christian Dior gown
Fashion pundits have always warned against wearing red on the red carpet as it tends to clash and merge with the background. “Red is a tricky colour and I would personally never advise someone to wear it. But these actors have taken a gamble that seems to have paid off and they look beautiful,” says designer Poonam Bhagat.
Winners who took it all...
Best Picture: The Artist
Best Director: Michel Hazanavicius for The Artist
Best Actor: Jean Dujardin for The Artist
Best Actress: Meryl Streep for The Iron Lady
Best Supporting Actor: Christopher Plummer for Beginners
Best Supporting Actress: Octavia Spencer for The Help
Best Foreign Film: A Separation
Best Song: Man or Muppet
More on the web
For more pictures from this years’ Oscars, log on towww.hindustantimes.com/oscarfashion
First Published: Feb 27, 2012 18:09 IST