Happy Lohri 2020: 5 make-up hacks to make you shine this Lohri
Lohri, a very popular harvest festival, is celebrated largely in Northern India. This spirited festival is celebrated in high spirits and tremendous enthusiasm by families and friends, annually on January 13. Lohri is all about spending time with loved ones, eating popcorns, rewari, gazak, peanuts, and dancing around the bonfire. Amidst all these flurry of activities and festive stress, it’s also important to look your best. If you’re someone who loves to own the picture-perfect look, here are 5 makeup hacks to keep that shine on during the festival.
Skincare: The first and foremost tip to making sure you look your best to take care of your skin in every way. From proper cleansing, to regular facials, scrubs and masks, what you eat and how much water you drink also affects the skin’s elasticity, shine and glow. Use some of the readily available kitchen ingredients like honey, milk, egg, oats, curd etc to make your at-home packs which are also chemical-free. If time is a constraint, go for face masks with repair qualities to maintain your natural beauty.
Try a deeper shade for your lips: Red is the perfect colour to go for when you need to keep it classy and alluring at the same time. Deep red-toned lips along with lighter shades of foundation pair perfectly with a strong brow and subtle contouring for a polished look.
Glitter: Highlight your cheekbones, and add on some golden glitters for your eye shadow. A nude-coloured lipstick will help you carry a glamorous yet subtle look for the celebrations.
Dark eye shadow: As we get ready to bid adieu to bone-chilling winters, throw on some darker shades for your eye shadow. Be it brown, or blush-pink, adding some colours will accentuate the beauty of your eyes. Applying lots of kohl and eye-liner with a pinch of a black eye shadow will also add as a boon to enhance the shape to your eyes.
Experiment with smokey eyes: Smokey eyes are back and it’s time you tried it on too. All you need is a dark eye shadow and kohl. For this look, apply a mid-tone shadow all over the lid and then line the eyes with kohl and then smudge it on the corner lids. This look is high on drama and can be perfectly carried along with a nude or coral shade lipstick.
Bold-winged eyeliner: The winged eyeliner look is famous because it can be adapted to flatter different eye shapes. If you have smaller eyes, accentuate them by drawing a thinner line. Ladies gifted with almond-shaped eyes can enhance the shape of their eyes by lining them thicker towards the outer corner. This look has been nailed by famous celebrities and divas and can intensify your festive look.
-- With inputs from ANI
At Hindustan Times, we help you stay up-to-date with latest trends and products. Hindustan Times has affiliate partnership, so we may get a part of the revenue when you make a purchase.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Vidya Balan recently dolled up for an e-interview and we love everything about retro-chic vibe. From her dove grey asymmetric kurta to smart narrow pants, we can’t wait to recreate the delightful silhouette as we walk into spring-summer
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.