Here’s how to take care of your coloured hair effectively
Taking care of your coloured hair is one of the most crucial things if you want the hue to last for long without losing its shine. Hear it from experts at Nashi Argan who underline few points which must be kept in mind if you have got your hair coloured recently.
1. Avoid washing your hair too frequently
The first thing that makes the colour fade is washing your hair: so if you want to make it last longer, try to leave a gap of at least 48 hours between one wash and the next.
2. Choose the right shampoo
Whether you have opted for a global colour treatment or just some highlights, you must choose the right shampoo to keep the hue shiny and bright. Choose a gentle product without parabens and sulphates which will give you an ultra-shiny effect, to enhance the shades of your colour and make it shine.
When hair is healthy and the hair fibre is smooth, your tresses look more beautiful and bright. Never skip the conditioner every time you wash your hair. It will guarantee hydration and protection with an incomparable detangling action.
4. Take a shower using lukewarm water
Excessively hot water is the enemy of colour treated hair. Rinsing your hair with very hot water will result in your hair colour fading faster. The use of lukewarm water to rinse off shampoo and your conditioner will help your colour last longer.
5. Do not stress your hair too much with straighteners
If you cannot give up your straighteners, hair curlers and styling tools and appliances that emit heat, this is one of the most important tips to follow: always try to set your tool on the lowest temperature setting, this will avoid damaging the hair fibres and keep the colour longer. In summer and when it is warm enough, let your hair air dry naturally, without using the hairdryer.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Janhvi Kapoor sets the mercury soaring as she makes a show-stopping entry at Roohi promotions in a neon strapless dress that was made of silk and came with a sweetheart neckline. We bet you are going to drop your jaws after knowing its whopping cost. Read on
- Gearing up to shoot for an episode of Dance Deewane Season 3, BTown OG Madhuri Dixit Nene slew bohemian look in a black crop top and palazzo teamed with an embroidered organza cape and we are smitten with these sultry pictures
- Watch: Masaba Gupta spills the beans on her homemade skincare routine that she follows ‘first thing in the morning’ for skin brightening and awakening. Read benefits of the beauty tip inside
- Tandav actor Gauahar Khan recently hosted a live event in Kanpur and satisfied sartorial sensibilities in a wine-coloured block-printed lehenga and grey high neck blouse and we are totally in love with this cross-cultural silhouette