Immerse yourself in a riot of colours this Holi
The festival of colours brings with itself joy, togetherness and a chance to flaunt your beautiful self. Spruce up your face with the right make-up before you step out to play Holi.fashion and trends Updated: Mar 11, 2014 19:54 IST
The festival of colours brings with itself joy, togetherness and a chance to flaunt your beautiful self. Spruce up your face with the right make-up before you step out to play Holi.
Aakriti Kochar, beauty and makeup expert, Oriflame India, has shared her tips on the significance of various colours and how to use them for Holi, said a statement.
* Red is the colour of confidence and also happiness. Swipe your favourite bright red lipstick out of your vanity this Holi. When wearing a red lipstick, wear a thin layer of foundation so that the focus is drawn to lips and they stand out. The layer of foundation also ensures that the Holi colours don’t get in touch with your skin directly.Always remember to outline your red lips with a red lip pencil to avoid colour bleeding. When wearing a red lipstick, keep your eyes nude or sport a crisp black eye liner with lots of mascara.
* Silver-Gold with Fuchsia is the best combination when it comes to a fun and colourful make-up. One can sport a bright fuchsia lipstick to be in style even when you’re playing Holi. If you plan to play Holi with greasy colours, the colours will further blend in with your look and enhance the fuschia colour on the lips.
* As Holi is all about colours, one can use different shades to make a dramatic appearance. Play around with yellow, pink and green eyeshadows or eye liners to create a rainbow effect. Use matte eye shadows to get maximum colour impact on the eyes. Apply the colours vertically on the eyelids next to each other and add kajal and lots of mascara. Complete the look with a soft peach blush.
* If you do not like too much of a bright make-up, then teal is another choice of colour that you can go for. It’s warmer than other colours but still goes with the festivity. Apply teal eye-shadow and compliment it with a black liquid eye liner extending it outwards.
* If you want to leave bare face for Holi, highlight your nails and wear bright nail paints like bright red, orange or yellow to add drama. One can also apply a tinted gloss on lips to make it simple yet colourful.
* Turquoise is one shade that never goes out of vogue. Wear turquoise eye liner or mascara and team with pink or peach blush and lip colour of the same family.
First Published: Mar 11, 2014 15:43 IST