Okay, so here's a situation - everyone in your circle has as much money, as many designer items and as many exotic holidays as you do. How do you stand out then? You go limited (read: grab the new ‘limited edition' phone, dress, wine, watch, whatever)
Luxury brands in the country are bringing out limited editions of pretty much anything, and people buy them not just to outdo their peers but also to save them as heirlooms.
Earlier this year, TAG Heuer showcased some super-exclusive time pieces such as the Grand Carrera Rose Gold Edition and a Kimi Raikonnen Limited Edition.
Dior Watches has launched its limited edition range, including the Dior Christal Starlight (the most expensive of the lot at Rs 27 lakh) and La D de Dior Pink Diamond. Select few The Christal Red Full Set, the first automatic watch in the Christal range, is positioned as a ‘limited edition' watch.
Companies seem to be redefining the concept of ‘limited edition' according to their own business policies stretching the defini tion that anything ‘limited edition' is available to maybe 100 or 1,000 people around the world.
At Pal Zileri, the suitmaker that has clients in the Vatican as well as in Formula One, ‘lim ited edition' means a bespoke tailoring service called Abito Privato at its stores.
Given that there are only two Pal Zileri stores in India and the service (with the suit) costs upwards of Rs 90,000, it's safe to assume that the clientele is very exclu sive.
Special order only
At Ermenegildo Zegna, general manager Shantanu Mukerji says, "We offer rare pieces like the limited edition Zeg na alligator shoes and belt, tanned, aged and polished by hand, and fin ished in gold detail." Even if you can't guess the price (Rs 2.79 lakh), you do know that you are looking at extremely refined craftsmanship.
The rare Guitar Case designed by Karl Lagerfeld for six bottles of Dom Pérignon Rosé Vintages (1966, 1986 and 1996) is entirely handmade, each bottle resting in a lambskin mould. The set is available by special order only, and the price is not disclosed - if you need to know the price, you probably can't afford it.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- From sunshiny suit that leaves one day dreaming to silk maxi dress that looks perfect for hot summer evenings, Priyanka Chopra Jonas has been raising the sartorial bar in her own sizzling style during the promotions of The White Tiger and the fashionista in us is inspired
- Looking for an impactful yet comfortable occasion wear? Check out Kajol’s luxe boho look in Netflix release Tribhanga, donning a multicoloured chiffon cape with sleeves, to channel the modern global woman vibe while staying true to the heritage
- Priyanka Chopra recently shared her quick and easy to do makeup look that she sticks to for all the video calls. The actor is currently extremely busy promoting her upcoming film and her autobiography, online.
- Nora Fatehi recently shared a beautiful black and white image of herself looking like a dream in a pearl bustier designed for her by the duo Abu Jani and Sandeep Khosla.
- Malaika Arora has been telling us the correct way to rock a comfy outfit with panache for the longest time now and her latest pictures that are from an impromptu shoot in her balcony featuring a maxi dress are giving us all the inspiration that we need.
- Sara Ali Khan is currently soaking in the sun and enjoying delicious meals with her family in the Maldives. The actor is also serving us some major beachwear goals with her pictures.