Sara Ali Khan, Sonam Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Hina Khan: Your fashion guide for Christmas and New Year’s amid the pandemic
It seems this year has reduced our outings to grocery runs and our dressing up to putting on a jacket over our pyjamas, and with the number of coronavirus cases on the rise it seems Christmas and New Year’s will also be spent at home. However, all of us have gotten pretty good at doing everything, from work to dating, at home. So why not get a little dressed and get on a Zoom party with your near and dear ones and spread the festive cheer. Ugly sweaters, comfy jammies and sexy dresses are a part of end of year celebrations, if not anything else, these clothes help spread the Christmas cheer. Take cue from celebrities including Sonam Kapoor Ahuja, Alia Bhatt, Urvashi Rautela and Karisma Kapoor, on how to (and also how not to) dress for the holiday season, whether you decide to sit back and relax or party. Read on:
And that is exactly what Bollywood has been teaching us lately. Imagine being in your comfy jammies and sipping on the hot chocolate during cold nights. Karisma Kapoor is showing us how to do that. The actor recently shared an image on Instagram in which she can be seen sitting in front of a Christmas tree in her red checkered co-ord nightsuit and sipping her morning tea. Can this get any more Christmasy?
Coming to ugly sweaters, Diana Penty is showing us how to slay in one. The Cocktail actor recently shared a picture on her Instagram in which she can be seen wearing a beige sweater with a Santa embroidered on it along with some other ornaments. She captioned this merry picture, “Tis the season to wear ugly sweaters (sic),” and we couldn’t agree more.
Sara Ali Khan
Sara Ali Khan in her red and white bandage dress is the most Christmas-sy thing ever, she totally resembles a real life candy cane.
Urvashi Rautela’s white shirt and huge green satin skirt is the best example of a terrible Christmas outfit. You don’t need to look like a tree to get in the festive spirit.
Hina Khan is usually one on the best dressed list, however sometimes trying to be too edgy may just throw you off the edge of the cliff. If you’re hoping to try out more than a couple of trends, make sure you don’t do it like Hina here, you’ll just end up looking like a character out of a game.
Last year, Alia Bhatt took Christmas dressing up a notch when she donned a sweater that was specially made for Christmas at the Bhatt household. The basic black sweater read, “Christmas with the Bhatts.” If you look carefully, you will see that Alia is wearing a devil horns headband. The beautiful Christmas tree and the number of gifts in the image from last year is still getting us excited.
But you also need a beautiful outfit to make a statement at the virtual Christmas party this year and you can never go wrong with a white one. Malaika Arora has been telling us this for quite some time now. A basic white outfit with a bold red lip and some gold jewellery is the perfect combination for a killer outfit. Take tips from Malaika’s look.
Janhvi Kapoor’s white feather dress with an embellished belt is all things winter and a great outfit idea for the Christmas party. The Over-The-Top mini dress is as sexy as it can get. Team it with a pair of drop earrings along with silver heels and you are good to go. Janhvi surely believes so.
Sonam Kapoor Ahuja
If even that is not your vibe, then take style cues from Sonam Kapoor and step out in a quirky printed dress to make heads turn. Style it with an over-sized contrasting blazer, a pair of knee-length boots and a matching bag. You will be the star of the night. We are taking notes, are you?
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Shraddha Kapoor shared pictures of herself looking like a dream in a gorgeous golden and blue lehenga choli set at the wedding ceremony of her cousin Priyaank Sharma with Shaza Morani. However, the stunning outfit was made by a brand that has been co-founded by her masi Padmini Kohlapure.
- Priyanka Chopra recently shared an image of herself wearing a beautiful turtle-neck sweater. The special thing about it was that the jumper was knitted by the actor's mom, Madhu Chopra while she was staying in London.
- Want to make the traffic stop and bae go weak in the knees on your next date night? Take fashion cues from Parineeti Chopra’s latest smoking hot look for Marathi Filmfare Awards 2021’s red carpet, in a backless sequinned midi dress, which has set the mercury soaring like never before
- Athleisure has made its way into our wardrobes and it is here to stay. Celebrities also love a good lounge wear set which they can wear at home and also run last minute errands in. However, Disha Patani and Kiara Advani are giving athleisure a summer twist with bright and bold colours and we love it.
- Mouni Roy recently shared images from a new photo shoot wearing a gorgeous bright red kurta, ijaar pants and bandhani dupatta. She looked like a dreamy dulhan in the images. All the brides-to-be take note.
- Model and celebrity chef Chrissy Teigen made her desi fans extremely happy as she danced to the Varun Dhawan and Parineeti Chopra starrer Bollywood song Jaaneman Aah from the film Dishoom.
- Nora Fatehi has a collection of dresses that ranges from minis to everything you can think of. The fashionista, who is often snapped in a beautiful attire, loves a good dress and we always end up taking inspiration from her sartorial picks.
- The high-end fashion house Dolce&Gabbana had filed a defamation suit against an Instagram account in the Italian court in 2019 and are seeking USD 600 million in damages.
- Kangana Ranaut looked radiant in a pink anarkali kurta with full, churidar sleeves, a white churidar and a self printed white dupatta. The Queen actor's look is perfect for the blazing heat of Mumbai.
- Janhvi Kapoor turned 24 today and in order to celebrate the day, we are taking a trip down memory lane and checking out the times she looked marvellous in ethnic attires.
- Allu Arjun is celebrating his 10 year wedding anniversary with wife Sneha Reddy. The fashion icon can carry every style with the utmost comfort and these pictures are proof.