Sonam Kapoor is the queen of Cannes. Here are all her amazing dresses
Sonam Kapoor Ahuja’s larger-than-life dresses turned every head at the Cannes Film Festival. Here’s a look at all of Sonam’s Cannes 2018 outfits in their full glory, plus all the fun she’s having in them.Updated: May 16, 2018 18:07 IST
While we’ve been ooh-ing and ahh-ing over Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Deepika Padukone, Kangana Ranaut and the rest of the Cannes red carpet goddesses, a vision arrived: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja. After wearing an extravagant custom Ralph and Russo lehenga peppered with tiny Swarovski crystal pearls and beads on Monday, Sonam cosplayed as a beautiful princess on Tuesday.
On Tuesday, Sonam stepped onto the 2018 Cannes Film Festival red carpet for the second time wearing a nude tulle gown and, needless to say, she looked breathtaking. Her Vera Wang featured a nude-coloured, strapless bodice and tulle skirt with an asymmetric ruffle detail on the back and contrasting layers and layers of lemon yellow and beige tulle.
She wore her hair in a low, messy bun paired with bright yellow eyeshadow, lush eyelashes, pink blushed cheeks and a glossy pink lip and chose limited accessories — just heart-shaped yellow diamond earrings and a ring, both by Chopard.
Sonam has been at the Cannes Film Festival since Monday, and each time she stepped out, she brought another colourful — and at times fairy tale-like—ensemble. There was her retro polka-dot Mother of Pearl dress on day one, then her sparkly tulle layered lehenga resembling gown from Ralph and Russo, that mint green Delpozo flowers-on-flowers dress, then her off-duty white shirt-blue jeans look, her clean, bright Emilia Wickstead look and Tuesday’s art museum-like princess gown from Vera Wang.
Here’s a look at everything Sonam wore at Cannes 2018 over the past two days, plus all the fun she’s having in them.
1. Giving us a master class in elevated travel style on Monday, Sonam arrived wearing a neatly tailored monochrome ensemble from Mother Of Pearl’s spring/summer 2018 collection. Sonam’s polka-dot-on-polka-dot look – a black and white midi dress with ruffle bell cuffs, accented with a contrasting polka-dot neckerchief – will convince you to invest in the bold, retro print. Sonam accessorised her dress with all-black everything – a pair of Victoria Beckham sunglasses, a Bottega Veneta bag and ankle boots with pointed toes from Chloe.
2. Sonam’s first red carpet appearance was glamorous beyond our wildest dreams. Her Swarovski crystals-encrusted ivory Ralph and Russo tulle lehenga resembled a gown with its breathtaking train. It featured floral hand embroidered and was paired with a crop top with three quarter sleeves and a side cape. She finished off the ethereal look with thick kohl-rimmed eyes, lush eyelashes, a pink lip and intricate hair jewellery from Amrapali, clasped on her long plait.
3. Sonam looked every inch an A-list star in this exuberant, highly decorative Delpozo dress on Monday, while attending the auction dinner for NGO Positive Planet. The pastel blue spring/summer 2018 ready-to-wear number featured a flounced skirt with a vivid super-sized paisley print that was topped off by an artful oversized tulle back detail. The De Grisogono jewellery, Charlotte Olympia heels and Jimmy Choo clutch matched Sonam’s clothes and make-up.
4. Proving she can do casual looks as well as the pretty ones, Sonam wore rolled-up blue jeans from husband Anand Ahuja’s clothing line, Bhane, paired with a white drop shoulder shirt from Simone Rocha, which featured a collared neckline, button-down front, single-chest pocket and exaggerated shoulders with gathers for added volume. Sonam accessorised with black leather slip-on loafers from Sergio Rossi featuring silver-tone stud detailing.
5. Sonam isn’t afraid of colour. Red, white and black - Sonam didn’t hold back pairing this belted Emilia Wickstead dress with contrasting embellished Sophia Webster pumps. The ladylike-yet-edgy ready-to-wear fall 2018 piece makes a statement with its bold candy cane stripe, a voluminous skirt, long-sleeves and a crisp decorated collar with white beads and embroidery.
6. Sonam’s flamboyant Vera Wang gown was a thing of genius.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: May 16, 2018 15:49 IST