Visible thongs from the noughties are visible again
This year saw the resurgence of a lot of trends from the 90s’ and it also gradually slided into the noughties with trends like velour tracksuits and the curtain hairstyle having a moment in fashion. And now, one of the hottest trends from the early 2000s’ is visibly seen on every fashionista’s social media profile. The visible thongs are visible again and a slew of celebrities like Kim Kardashian, Dua Lipa and Kylie Jenner are giving a big thumbs up to this risqué trend. Here’s what fashion experts think of this.
“The early noughties were all about low rise pants and denims. And flaunting your underwear strap was kind of a fashion statement. Then came the high waisted pants from the 60s and 70s which people are still rocking. But since fashion is cynical and people get bored of such trends soon, the visible thong trend where you give a peekaboo of your thong strap is surely a break from those usual ways of styling your pants,” says designer Anvita Sharma.
Stylist Isha Bhansali opines that the only difference that she finds in the trend from the early noughties is that pants used to be completely low rise. “You ended up revealing more than required and now when these style mavens are trying to flaunt their thongs, you only get to see a hint of it since we haven’t yet gone back to the low rise era.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Priyanka Chopra recently showed how to slay a formal look with a Work From Home twist in a beautiful blue shirt worth ₹17k.
- For a recent shoot, Mira Rajput donned a beautiful yellow sundress that was adorned with intricate floral print. The fashionista looked absolutely breathtaking in the dress and we are bookmarking it.
- One of Priyanka Chopra's Work From Home looks garnered more attention than the rest. Her fans loved her dark copper coloured formal blouse which she accessorised with statement gold jewellery.
- For a recent photoshoot, Alaya F donned a gorgeous abstract print co-ord set and looked absolutely breathtaking in it. The actor added her own touch to the outfit by the way she styled it, we are taking notes.
- Silver kaliras and an off-white lehenga is what fashion designer Natasha Dalal opted to wear on her wedding day. The groom Varun Dhawan also twinned with his childhood sweetheart and wore a sherwani in the same colour. The couple of the hour looked like royalty on their special day.
- Watch: Sonam Kapoor Ahuja spills the beans on her 3 favourite hair care products for the times she wants to be 'romantic' or when she opts to be 'less fancy' in this ‘Vanity Vignettes’ video
- Hina Khan recently shared a video in which the actor gave extremely useful tips for improving the hair health especially during winter season. Get ready with your notepads and pen.
- After a short hiatus from social media, Bella Hadid made a return and penned a heartfelt note about mental health. "I am only here to be an instrument of peace and love," it read.