5 exercises to improve your vision naturally and relieve eye strain
Do you suffer from eye fatigue and blurry vision? It could be caused by the constant use of smartphones. Here are 5 exercises that can protect you from eyesight problems and improve your vision.fitness Updated: Aug 22, 2018 14:13 IST
If you day starts and ends with poring over small type on your smartphone/computer, then you may soon suffer from eye fatigue and eye diseases. In addition to this, smartphones also emit harmful blue light that can even speed up blindness. But there is a lot that can be done to boost your eyesight, including certain helpful exercises and diet modifications.
Eating right can make a lot of difference to your eyesight. Opt for antioxidant-rich foods such as leafy greens, egg yolks, yellow pepper, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, and carrots. Yellow and green vegetables are also helpful in preventing macular generation, which can go on to cause of blindness. Also, include fish in your diet as it is rich in fatty acids, and foods rich in sulphur such as garlic and onions that prevent cataract formation.
Here are 5 exercises for healthy eyes and better eyesight:
* Palming is a helpful exercise that can relieve eye stress and boost eyesight. Rub your palms together to generate heat, and then gently place them against your eyes for a few seconds and repeat 5 times.
* Eye rolling is another beneficial exercise. Start by rolling your eyes a few times in a clockwise direction. Then take a break and roll them in an anti-clockwise direction. Repeat 5 times.
* Refocusing is a good exercise for your eye muscles and is something you can do even at work. At intervals, look away from your screen to the farthest thing/place that you can see. It can be the end of the corridor, the office room or the farthest building you can see from a window. Put your thumb down in front of your eyes, and now focus on the thumb for a few seconds followed by the distant object/place. Repeat 5 times.
* Blinking exercises are also easy to perform and help with eyesight problems. You will need a blank wall and a place to sit. Close your eyes for 2 seconds, then open them and blink rapidly for 5 seconds. Repeat 5 times.
* 20-20-20 rule: If you want 20:20 vision, this exercise can help you. Every 20 minutes, you need to look at something located 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Aug 22, 2018 14:03 IST