Fitness video: Shilpa Shetty Kundra shows how Yoga can improve blood circulation-strengthen the core
The Covid-19 quarantine has asked us to deliver more than we had bargained for and as we juggle work and family responsibilities from home, Shilpa Shetty Kundra’s fitness video came as the much needed rescuer. For all those looking to strengthen their core and lower back muscles after all that work plus play from home, Shilpa showed fitness enthusiasts how to do so in her latest “Monday motivation” video.
Taking to her Instagram handle, Shilpa shared the throwback video from Manali, where she was shooting for Hungama 2 last month. Looking refreshing in the lap of nature, Shilpa was seen working out in the backdrop of the Manali hills and lush greenery.
Dressed in a black sports bra and a pair of grey Yoga pants, Shilpa pulled back her hair in a high ponytail to keep them off her face during her intense exercise session. She shared in the caption, “Being able to connect with your inner self amid the quiet surroundings of Manali is a blessing. When the mind is at peace, nothing seems difficult to do (sic).”
About the Yoga exercise, Shilpa elaborated, “This flow is the Eka pada Navasana going in to Supta Padmasana. It helps improve blood circulation while it strengthens the core, lower back, and pelvic muscles. Additionally, it stretches the hamstring and ankles too! (sic).”
Encouraging netizens towards a healthy lifestyle, Shilpa concluded by writing, “No matter what your day looks like, make sure to dedicate a few minutes to yoga Try it! (sic).”
The video instantly grabbed over 3 lakh views while still going strong and we can’t wait to inculcate the message in it into our daily workout routine.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- American actor and The Twilght Saga’s Rosalie Hale aka Nikki Reed flaunts her acro sport skills in latest fitness post as hubby and Vampire Diaries star Ian Somerhalder captures her in the middle of the jaw-dropping exercise move. Here’s why you should give Acro Yoga workout a try too
- Ishaan Khatter raises the bar of fitness motivation as we enter a new week and we are too inspired to follow his version of ‘when someone says let’s meet at the bar’. Here’s why
- Vicky Kaushal recently shared a glimpse of himself sweating it hard in the gym in order to earn his weekend cheat meal. We can say that the clip is inspiring us to start our Sunday with a fitness session as well.
- Being high in fiber and sugar content, dates or khajur often leave people speculating about whether they should be consumed after soaking over night or raw or on empty stomach or before going to bed. Read on to know when is the best and worst time to eat dates
- Katrina Kaif recently hosted an Ask Me Anything session on Instagram and shared never seen before images and videos with her fans. She also posted about her healthy breakfast and intense fitness routine.
- Aditi Rao Hydari shows you how to do weight training without actually using weights in her latest fitness clip. Saying that this video is hilarious would be an understatement.