Arsenal launch new home jersey for 2019-2020 season
Arsenal launched their new home jersey for the 2019-2020 season on Monday. After 25 years, Arsenal have renewed their partnership with Adidas. The brand was associated with Arsenal from 1986 to 1994.
To commence the partnership, the home jersey will be inspired by the iconic Arsenal jerseys from the past and celebrates the club´s authenticity with an elegant and fresh look.The new kit design features a classic all-over red body, complimented by popping white sleeves and contrasting collar.
The white high collar design is emblazoned with a central red stripe and black trimming. This design is repeated on both sleeves and the distinctive three stripes run across the shoulder in bright white.
“The partnership with Arsenal FC is a statement of intent and strengthens our position as the leading sports brand. adidas and Arsenal have a rich and successful history, and we are excited to write a new and successful chapter with the club. We are bringing back the history as an inspiration in our jersey design which the fans would love.” said Manish Sapra, Senior Marketing Director, Adidas India.
Kapil Sathe, Head of the Arsenal Pune Supporters club, said, “We are looking forward to the team sporting the adidas three-striped jerseys in the coming season. adidas and Arsenal both have a rich football heritage and we hope this partnership inspires great football from the team on the pitch.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Bayern Munich roared back from two goals down to beat Borussia Dortmund 4-2.
- Morata helped Juventus come from behind to beat Lazio 3-1 in Serie A.
- Messi helped Barca take the lead on the half-hour mark when he carved open Osasuna's defence with a superb cross-field ball to Alba, who controlled before blasting into the roof of the net.
- Daniel Amartey's 88th-minute header completed a comeback win for Leicester who stretched their unbeaten away run to 10 games.
- The draw also extended NorthEast unbeaten run this season to 11, with 10 of those coming under interim head coach Khalid Jamil. The 43-year-old Indian coach made three changes to the side that had won 2-0 against Kerala Blasters in their last league game of the campaign.
- Chelsea dominated Thursday’s game and could have had more goals to add to Mason Mount’s exquisite first-half strike that turned out to be the match-winner.
- FC Goa attacked Dessai through Saviour Gama before twinkle-toed Jorge Ortiz tested him. By the 17th minute, Dessai had been caught out thrice; the last time because of a poor pass which Alexander Jesuraj intercepted needing a tackle from Vignesh Dakshinamurthy that could have been a penalty.
- Muller wouldn’t feature regularly that season but he went on to score in the Champions League knockout stages coming on as a substitute against Sporting Lisbon.
- Musiala has been making steady progress since he joined Bayern’s under-17 team from Chelsea in 2019. He has made 27 appearances for the first team, scoring four goals.