Top five healthy snacks to munch on
Geeta Bector, marketing director and chief tasting officer of Cremica, shares a list of snacks that are in favour of your bodyhealth and fitness Updated: Feb 09, 2014 19:09 IST
Soon after lunch, your alertness goes for a toss and you reach out for a cup of coffee. Leave that aside and consume sin-free food items like raw vegetables with hummus, oatmeal and organic nut bars.
Geeta Bector, marketing director and chief tasting officer of Cremica, shares a list of snacks that are in favour of your body:
* Raw vegetables with hummus: Raw vegetables like carrots and cucumbers, contain life-enhancing enzymes, which are destroyed when cooked and processed. Enzymes are essential for optimum digestion, metabolism and absorption. They also help in avoiding afternoon grogginess. Snack on carrots, cucumber and celery sticks with hummus.
* Avocado: Packed with a lot of nutrients and heart-protective compounds, avocados have soluble fibre, vitamin E, folate, and potassium. One could opt for them in salads instead of mayonnaise. They also make a good filling for a sandwich.
* Oatmeal: Oats have high fibre content and are healthy. You can have a small bowl of oatmeal with milk or yoghurt, with a variety of fruit topping. You can also choose to snack on some oatmeal cookies or cupcakes.
* Organic health nut bars: They are rich in dry fruits like walnuts, almonds, pistachios, sunflower seeds and raisins.
* Assortment of fruits: One can always keep an assortment of fruits handy at office. Fruits like oranges, strawberry, apples, and pear can be easily stored. They are rich in various vitamins and minerals and can be stored at the office for one to two days.