Captain Marvel’s new footage gives a giant nod to Avengers: Infinity War post credit scene
A new footage from the upcoming Marvel movie, Captain Marvel features a gentle but big nod to the post credit scene of last year’s Avengers: Infinity War. The new footage is in Russian and has been shared on YouTube in a collection of videos that are being shown as TV spots and trailers around the world.
When we last met Nick Fury in the Infinity War post credit scene, Thanos had turned him to ash like half the universe’s population. As he was fading away, he had the good sense to pull out a pager and send an emergency text to someone. Before we would see what the text was, the pager’s screen flashed Captain Marvel’s insignia.
There was a catch to it though, Carol Danvers isn’t supposed live in the same time and on the same planet as Nick. So how could she have received his text? Was this a special inter-time, inter-gallactic texting service?
The new footage from Russia does reassure us that the pager was a legit source of correspondence between Fury and Danvers. We watch him whip out the pager as she asks him about it. In another scene, he hands it to her upon her insistence. Could this be the beginning of their text-friendly friendship?
Another thing to note is how different the two pagers appear to be. While the one from the 70s is like any generic pager with green screen, simple frame and keys, the new one had a colour screen and a more steam-punk vibe.
What indeed happens to Captain Marvel, her pager and how will her time-travelling abilities help our defeated heroes, we will know when Captain Marvel releases on March 1 and when Avengers: End Game releases on April 24.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.
- Bruce Willis was clicked without a mask at a pharmacy in Los Angeles on Monday. He later said that it was an 'error in judgment'.
- First footage from high-profile upcoming films starring Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Adams, and others, has been revealed by Netflix.
- In an exclusive interview with Hindustan Times, Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige, spoke about India's role in the future of the MCU, and the mind-bending WandaVision, the studio's first streaming series.