Clooney can't relate to The Descendents' role
George Clooney who walked away with the best actor Golden Globe for The Descendents says he could not relate to his role in the film.
The 50-year-old actor plays Matt King, a wealthy man who sets out with his two daughters to find the lover of his ailing wife.
"This guy is really going through a phase in his life where he wants to do right by everyone, and I don't know that that would be part of my make-up. He's caught up in a strange place in his life and career," contactmusic.com quoted Clooney as saying.
"I enjoyed playing the character but I don't know that I can relate to him. But part of my job is to do what is asked of me in the script and not have to worry about whether it pertains to me or not. You don't have to actually shoot heroin to play a drug addict, you know," he added.
Clooney also admits he fears repeating the same career choices over and over again.
"My biggest fear is doing the same things 10 years from now. That would be a failure. It's something you have to constantly reassess, and asking yourself what you are going to do next makes it a good long full journey," he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Gal Gadot and her husband Jaron Varsano are expecting their third child together. The Wonder Woman actor posted a cute family picture to make the announcement.
- Chadwick Boseman's wife Simone Ledward broke down while accepting his posthumous Golden Globe for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
- Mark Ruffalo received the Best Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie for I Know This Much Is True... at the Golden Globe Awards 2021. The actor, in his acceptance speech, spoke about "Mother Earth."
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 winners were announced on Sunday, February 28. From The Crown to Schitt's Creek and I Care A Lot, here’s who bagged the trophies.
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 took place this weekend and Twitter couldn't help but point out the chaos that unfolded at the awards show.
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) were called out by several celebrities for their lack of diversity in their ranks. After stars chanted "Time's Up Globes", the HFPA issued a statement assuring a change in the making.
- The Golden Globes 2021 winners will be announced on February 28 (March 1 in India). Here's what time the 78th Golden Globe Awards will commence and how to watch the show.
- Miley Cyrus shared a throwback picture of her and singer Nick Jonas. The two Disney alums were rumoured to be dating when they were younger.
- Emma Watson, more than her co-stars, would struggle with wanting to not return to the Harry Potter series.