Indian techies to rescue Iron Man?
The latest news is that makers of the Robert Downey Jr superhero film — Iron Man 3 — will soon be location scouting in India. They are also looking to take things a step further, by having Indian techies in the two IT hubs — Hyderabad and Bengaluru — sort out some technical glitches for Iron Man.
A trade source reveals that a contingent of about 12 people, led by director Shane Black, is set to fly down to India by this month-end for a recce. "They will be here between January 20 and 24 for an extensive location hunt for certain scenes of the film," says the source.
In the film, protagonist Tony Stark’s company dealing in cutting-edge technology, and with USA outsourcing work to India, the makers plan to utilise this in their storyline. "They will be visiting Hyderabad and Bengaluru to see how they can use this," the source says, adding, "In the film, supposedly, Stark will be in India, and the techies here will help him with his technological problems."
Though not the first, this phenomenon of Hollywood films being shot in India started in a big way with Slumdog Millionaire (2008), which was filmed largely in the slums of Mumbai. Recently, Mission Impossible 4 (2011) was shot in Mumbai and the makers of The Dark Knight Rises (2012) also shot some of its scenes at the Mehrangarh Fort in Jodhpur. Kathryn Bigelow’s latest, Zero Dark Thirty, was also filmed partly in Chandigarh.
When contacted, distributors Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures remained unavailable for a comment. Iron Man is a Marvel Comics character being made into a film franchise by Marvel Studios, and distributed by Disney. The third installment will release worldwide on April 24.
IRON MAN IN THE NEWS
2013: A year for sequels in Hollywood
Entering 2013, Hollywood is preparing to doll out sequels like Iron Man, Die Hard, The Hunger Games, Thor and The Fast and the Furious.
A number of world's most popular film franchises are gearing up to unleash the follow-up to their successful installments to tap into their already existing fanbase. IRON MAN 3
Iron Man 3 filming resumes after Robert Downey Jr's injury
This story finds the billionaire inventor Tony Stark pressured to share his technology with the military.
Robert Downey Jr's third installment of the Iron Man franchise has resumed its production almost a month after after the actor was injured on the set.
sequence, forcing the movie to shut down so he could recover, reported E! online. BACK ON TRACK
Robert Downey Jr injured on Iron Man 3 set
Actor Robert Downey Jr. ended up with an injured ankle following a stunt on the set of action-packed film Iron Man 3. The actor has been shooting scenes for the upcoming sequel, but production on the blockbuster has now been delayed to allow him time to recover from an accident, reports dailystar.co.uk.
"Robert Downey Jr. sustained an ankle injury on the set of Iron Man 3 in Wilmington, North Carolina while performing a stunt. There will be a short delay in the production schedule while he recuperates," said an statement issued by Marvel Studios. MORE
Avengers sequel to release in 2015?
The sequel to this year’s blockbuster film, The Avengers, is expected to hit the big screen in May 2015. Director Joss Whedon — who will write and helm the sequel — is believed to have already developed a template for the storyline, reported contactmusic.
“Marvel has a very set agenda of what they want to do, they are already kind of ahead of the game on the sequel because they’ve got the guy that did it before, doing it again, and something tells me Joss already has the template for the film,” a source said. A number of cast members won’t be available to shoot the movie as they will be filming their own stand alone motion pictures. FULL STORY
(With additional inputs)
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Armie Hammer was contacted by the Cayman Islands police after they received a complaint about a video he posted on a private Instagram account. The video showed a woman posing on all-fours in a hotel room.
- The White Tiger movie review: Adarsh Gourav delivers a star-making performance in Ramin Bahrani's angry answer to Slumdog Millionaire, co-starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rajkummar Rao.
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.