Iron Man-Thor to reunite in Thor: Love and Thunder? Taika Waititi ‘leaks’ part of script in Instagram Live
Taika Waititi sure knows how to play games and with his fans’ emotions. On Saturday, he pulled a practical joke on his fans who were eagerly waiting to get some scoop on his upcoming film, Thor: Love and Thunder.
In an Instagram Live, Taika gave fans a glimpse into the script of the film. To every one’s shock, it showed a conversation between Tony Stark (Iron Man) and Thor. Fans could not believe their eyes, wondering if Robert Downey Jr’s Tony Stark will actually return from the dead for Chris Hemsworth’s Thor.
Of course, on more careful perusal, the scene turned out to be totally bogus. Here’ s what the conversation between the two characters was:
Thor: You’re back!
Tony: In the sack, baby!
Thor: But how? I saw you die.
Tony: Science. Also, Thanos is back.
Thor: Mother Frigga, no. So... we’re assembling again?
Tony: Again, again. It’s GO TIME. Everyone who died is coming back. And this time we’re avenging even more than ever. From now on we’ll be known as... The Avengerers.
Taika did tease a few details about his movie with Tessa Thompson and Mark Ruffalo in a separate Thor: Ragnarok watch party. “It’s like 10-year-olds told us what should be in a movie and we said yes to every single thing,” Waititi said of the premise to Love and Thunder. He added that there are about five drafts of the film’s script done and Thompson, his first guest, has read the latest.
Waititi took the Thor franchise to new comedic heights as he introduced hard drinking Valkyrie (Thompson) and exiled Avenger, Hulk (Ruffalo). The much anticipated Love and Thunder will catch up with Thor and Valkyrie after the events of Avengers: Endgame, and also bring back Natalie Portman as the powerful female Thor and Christian Bale as the villain. It is slated to release on February 18, 2022.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Billie Eilish The World’s a Little Blurry movie review: Apple's brilliant documentary traces the meteoric rise of the music industry's most mercurial performer.
- The fans of Harry Potter star Emma Watson were shocked as a report hinted that the actor has given up her career in acting and is devoting her time to her boyfriend.
- The first teaser for director Zack Snyder's upcoming zombie film, Army of the Dead, has been released. Dave Bautista leads the cast, which also features Huma Qureshi, although she isn't seen in the teaser.
- Actor Gal Gadot has said that she was on the verge of giving up acting when she was cast in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as Wonder Woman. Read her nostalgic post.
- Kim Kardashian took to her Instagram account and remembered her father Robert Kardashian on his birth anniversary. Sister Khloe Kardashian and Kourtney Kardashian also shared photos.
- I Care a Lot movie review: Rosamund Pike is in proper Gone Girl mode in director J Blakeson's devilishly entertaining dark comedy, out on Netflix.