Jackman thanks Crowe
Actor Hugh Jackman says he is thankful to Russell Crowe for leaving out on big roles, which he did later. Jackman, 44, has worked with Crowe in movie Les Miserables, and says both actors have learned from each other.
“We were good friends before. And Russell has given me advice several times at key moments in my life that helped with my career. I also owe him because two of the biggest roles I’ve ever had in my life, he turned down — and suggested me for them,” dailystar.co.uk quoted Jackman as saying.
Jackman will next be seen in The Wolverine, said to be the sixth installment of the X-Men franchise. The first movie was directed by Bryan Singer in 2000 and the actor says Crowe was the first choice of director. “On X-Men he was Bryan Singer’s first choice for Wolverine, and he mentioned me also for Australia. He really is incredibly smart, and generous. It was a joy to work with him,” says Jackman. The Wolverine is expected to release in July next year.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Golden Globes 2021 winners will be announced on February 28 (March 1 in India). Here's what time the 78th Golden Globe Awards will commence and how to watch the show.
- Miley Cyrus shared a throwback picture of her and singer Nick Jonas. The two Disney alums were rumoured to be dating when they were younger.
- Emma Watson, more than her co-stars, would struggle with wanting to not return to the Harry Potter series.
- Wesley Snipes has spoken about why his Black Panther film never got made in the 90s. The role was eventually brought to life by Chadwick Boseman.
- Billie Eilish The World’s a Little Blurry movie review: Apple's brilliant documentary traces the meteoric rise of the music industry's most mercurial performer.
- The fans of Harry Potter star Emma Watson were shocked as a report hinted that the actor has given up her career in acting and is devoting her time to her boyfriend.
- The first teaser for director Zack Snyder's upcoming zombie film, Army of the Dead, has been released. Dave Bautista leads the cast, which also features Huma Qureshi, although she isn't seen in the teaser.