Johnny Depp says ex-wife Amber Heard sliced his finger off, and it ‘erupted like Vesuvius’
Actor Johnny Depp has said that his finger erupted like Vesuvius after his ex-wife, Amber Heard, allegedly sliced it off during a violent altercation. Depp made the statements in a deposition for a now closed case between the actor and his former business associate.
Video footage obtained by Daily Mail shows Depp saying, “I was trying to get the finger back, you know. And then deal with the insanity of having had my finger chopped off by this woman that I was married to.” He joked that he’d named his injured finger ‘Little Richard’.
The incident allegedly took place a month after the couple tied the knot, while Depp was filming the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean movie in Australia. Depp said he tried to shield Heard in the aftermath of the altercation, by pretending that he’d caught the finger in a door. “She smashed, she threw a vodka bottle at me and my hand was resting on the marble of the bar like that. The first bottle went whoosh just past my ear. And the second one was a larger bottle and she threw it from about this distance and it smashed into the bar, which, this finger who I now call little Richard, was, the tip of the finger was severed and all the bone in here was completely shattered,” he said.
Heard says that Depp injured his finger while banging a phone on the wall during a three-day ecstasy binge. She also accused him of “ripping off her nightgown, grabbing her breasts and strangling her during the ‘horrific’ ordeal.”
Heard also produced texts that she says prove that Depp’s injury was self-inflicted. “I cut the top of my middle finger off… What should I do!?? Except, of course, go to a hospital…. I’m so embarrassed for jumping into anything with her… F**K THE WORLD!!! JD,” Depp allegedly wrote in one text.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Critics Choice Awards 2021 winners were announced on Sunday. Nomadland bagged four awards while late Chadwick Boseman received a posthumous award for Best Actor for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
- Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman and director Taika Waititi are currently filming Thor: Love and Thunder in Australia. A few photos and a video from the sets have leaked online.
- Chrissy Teigen took to Instagram to post pictures and videos from a recent night out with husband, singer John Legend, where she enjoyed some popular Bollywood music.
- Judas and the Black Messiah movie review: Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield deliver extraordinary performances in Shaka King's politically charged film, co-produced by Ryan Coogler.
- Coming 2 America movie review: Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall reunite for the dull and boring sequel to their cult hit.
- Raya and the Last Dragon movie review: Kelly Marie Tran and Awkwafina put their own twist on the Mulan-Mushu dynamic in Disney's latest animated adventure.
- Chris Evans shared a video montage of his friend visiting the sets of Captain America: The First Avenger and reacting to his scenes.
- Kristen Stewart has been filming for her upcoming movie, Spencer. The Twilight star plays the role of Princess Diana in the movie.
- Nick Jonas revealed he began the making of his upcoming album Spaceman when his wife and actor Priyanka Chopra was filming for The Matrix 4 in Germany.
- Actor Gal Gadot and her husband Jaron Varsano are expecting their third child together. The Wonder Woman actor posted a cute family picture to make the announcement.
- Chadwick Boseman's wife Simone Ledward broke down while accepting his posthumous Golden Globe for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
- Mark Ruffalo received the Best Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie for I Know This Much Is True... at the Golden Globe Awards 2021. The actor, in his acceptance speech, spoke about "Mother Earth."
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 winners were announced on Sunday, February 28. From The Crown to Schitt's Creek and I Care A Lot, here’s who bagged the trophies.
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 took place this weekend and Twitter couldn't help but point out the chaos that unfolded at the awards show.
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) were called out by several celebrities for their lack of diversity in their ranks. After stars chanted "Time's Up Globes", the HFPA issued a statement assuring a change in the making.