Justin Timberlake was 'scared' to work on The Social Network
Justin Timberlake has revealed that he was scared to work on David Fincher's The Social Network, based on Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg.
"That scared the s--t out of me," Usmagazine.com quoted Timberlake as saying at the film's NYC premiere which hits screens nationwide on Oct. 1.
Zuckerberg is portrayed as a back-stabbing, arrogant, socially awkward Harvard student who invents the popular social networking site that accidentally makes him and his friends billionaires."This movie's dense. There's a lot there," added Timberlake, who plays Napster creator Sean Parker.
"It would take me all night to sort of go through what we talked about, about what this character is."
He also said that the character has "a lot of layers" and that Fincher helped him in "diagramming the arc and peeling back the layers."
"He's an actor's director, and he pulls performances out of people."
"I think it really touches on the younger generations and that We-want-what-we-want-and-we-want-it-really-fast [mentality]. We have the internet now where we can do that: We talk fast, we walk fast, we think fast."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Gal Gadot and her husband Jaron Varsano are expecting their third child together. The Wonder Woman actor posted a cute family picture to make the announcement.
- Chadwick Boseman's wife Simone Ledward broke down while accepting his posthumous Golden Globe for Ma Rainey's Black Bottom.
- Mark Ruffalo received the Best Actor in a Limited Series or TV Movie for I Know This Much Is True... at the Golden Globe Awards 2021. The actor, in his acceptance speech, spoke about "Mother Earth."
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 winners were announced on Sunday, February 28. From The Crown to Schitt's Creek and I Care A Lot, here’s who bagged the trophies.
- The Golden Globe Awards 2021 took place this weekend and Twitter couldn't help but point out the chaos that unfolded at the awards show.
- Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA) were called out by several celebrities for their lack of diversity in their ranks. After stars chanted "Time's Up Globes", the HFPA issued a statement assuring a change in the making.
- The Golden Globes 2021 winners will be announced on February 28 (March 1 in India). Here's what time the 78th Golden Globe Awards will commence and how to watch the show.
- Miley Cyrus shared a throwback picture of her and singer Nick Jonas. The two Disney alums were rumoured to be dating when they were younger.
- Emma Watson, more than her co-stars, would struggle with wanting to not return to the Harry Potter series.