Kate Middleton wore dress associated with a demon baby and Twitter can’t believe it
Kate Middleton and Prince William announced the birth of their third child, Prince Louis of Cambridge on April 23. As she walked out of the hospital with the baby in her arms and her husband by her side, Twitter noticed that the dress she was wearing - red with a white Peter Pan collar - looked an awful lot like the dress worn by Mia Farrow in Rosemary’s Baby. The problem being: Rosemary’s Baby is a horror classic in which the heroine gets raped and impregnated by the devil, and gives birth to his son.
Kate’s dress was designed by Jenny Peckham, whom she also wore for the reveal of Princess Charlotte and Prince George, People.com reported.
Check out some of the reactions on Twitter:
Rosemary’s Baby, directed by Roman Polanski, was released in 1968. The film was about a young couple that moves into a fancy apartment complex in New York City, where their neighbours eventually reveal themselves to be Satanists. In a deal with the devil, she is offered to carry his child, the anti-Christ, whom she gives birth to.
The film was based on a novel by Ira Levin and received two Oscar nominations - for Best Supporting Actress and Best Adapted Screenplay.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.
- Bruce Willis was clicked without a mask at a pharmacy in Los Angeles on Monday. He later said that it was an 'error in judgment'.
- First footage from high-profile upcoming films starring Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Adams, and others, has been revealed by Netflix.