Pak actor Mehwish Hayat claims Alia Bhatt’s song Prada is plagiarised, Shah Rukh Khan’s Bard of Blood is ‘anti-Pakistan’
Pakistani actress Mehwish Hayat has criticised Bollywood for alleged ‘hypocrisy’ and even claimed the recent Prada song that featured Alia Bhatt, was stolen from Pakistani songs. She also slammed Netflix’s Bard of Blood as “anti-Pakistan” in one of her recent tweets.
Shah Rukh Khan has produced Bard of Blood. “This just vindicates what I have been saying. Another week, and yet another anti-Pakistan project. ow can we wake up, smell the coffee and see Bollywood’s agenda for what it is? Shah Rukh Khan, be patriotic, nobody is stopping you - just don’t do it at the expense of vilifying us,” Hayat tweeted.
Several Twitter users pointed out the similarity between Pakistani song Gore Rang and the recent song Prada. Hayat tweeted, “I find this strange. On the one hand Bollywood vilifies Pakistan at every opportunity they get. On the other, they continue to steal our songs. Copyright violation and royalty payments obviously mean nothing to them.”
Written by Shoaib Mansoor, Gore Rang Ka Zamana song was released as part of Vital Signs Volume 1.
Hayat had maintained her stance in an opinion piece written for CNN earlier. “Indian PM Modi has arguably co-opted and weaponised the country’s film industry. It’s difficult, often impossible, for Pakistani actors to find work in India,” she wrote.
“Pakistan is a Muslim majority nation and Islamophobia is a top-down industry in India: at the top, hyper-nationalist films, songs and slogans teach the masses to hate. At the grassroots, Muslims have been killed for so-called crimes like eating beef,” Hayat said.
(This story has been published from a wire agency feed without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.)
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Armie Hammer was contacted by the Cayman Islands police after they received a complaint about a video he posted on a private Instagram account. The video showed a woman posing on all-fours in a hotel room.
- The White Tiger movie review: Adarsh Gourav delivers a star-making performance in Ramin Bahrani's angry answer to Slumdog Millionaire, co-starring Priyanka Chopra Jonas and Rajkummar Rao.
- Actor Tom Holland spoke about the arduous audition process for Spider-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the time he thought he'd be fired from the role.
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.