Tom Hanks shares health update after returning to Los Angeles: ‘Two weeks after our first symptoms and we feel better’
Hollywood star Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson gave their first health update on Saturday (local time) since returning to the United States. According to People magazine, the couple, who were both diagnosed with coronavirus earlier this month, recently returned to Los Angeles after self-quarantining in Australia for two weeks.
The 63-year-old actor said on Twitter on Saturday that he and Wilson would want to quarantine. His tweet said, “Hey, Folks... We’re home now and, like the rest of America, we carry on with sheltering in place and social distancing,.Many, many thanks to everyone in Australia who looked after us. Their care and guidance made possible our return to the USA. And many thanks to all of you who reached out with well wishes. Rita and I so appreciate it. Hanx.”
Hanks shared a statement on how the couple was feeling, several days before the couple return to Los Angeles. Hanks issued a joint statement on Twitter and wrote,“Hey, folks. Two weeks after our first symptoms and we feel better,” The couple then urged their fans and followers to stay home and self isolate.
On March 11, Hanks announced that he and Wilson had contacted Covid-19 in Australia, where he was filming Baz Luhrmann’s untitled Elvis Presley biopic. Filming for the movie was halted following Hanks’ diagnosis.
Hanks and Wilson were released from a Queensland hospital on March 16. A representative for the actor told People magazine at the time that they were “doing very well” under quarantine at their home in Australia.
The rep to Hanks, Leslee Dart, said, “Tom and Rita are doing very well and continue to recover. Their recovery is very much on course for healthy adults with this virus. They are feeling better each day.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A life-size cutout of Ana de Armas was trashed outside Ben Affleck's house, amid reports of their breakup.
- Joe and Anthony Russo are bringing their Marvel Cinematic Universe experience to fleshing out the Extraction franchise, director Sam Hargrave has said.
- Celebrity couple Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have welcomed their second child, a year after he publicly apologised for inappropriate behaviour amid cheating rumours.
- Priyanka Chopra has shared Jungle Mantra, an original song from the White Tiger soundtrack, by Divine, featuring Vince Staples and Pusha T. Listen here.
- Actor Ray Fisher has released a lengthy statement confirming his removal from the upcoming Flash movie, amid his standoff with Warner Bros.
- Actor Armie Hammer announced that he is quitting his upcoming film, amid a scandal around messages that he allegedly sent a woman.
- Patralekhaa spotted Rajkummar Rao on a hoarding of The White Tiger in New York and shared a picture on Instagram stories. She reminisced about his incredible journey, from Gurugram to New York.
- One Night in Miami movie review: Debutante director Regina King extracts terrific performances from her four leading men, in a high-concept drama about power and responsibility.
- Bruce Willis was clicked without a mask at a pharmacy in Los Angeles on Monday. He later said that it was an 'error in judgment'.
- First footage from high-profile upcoming films starring Chris Hemsworth, Leonardo DiCaprio, Dwayne Johnson, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Adams, and others, has been revealed by Netflix.
- In an exclusive interview with Hindustan Times, Marvel Studios president, Kevin Feige, spoke about India's role in the future of the MCU, and the mind-bending WandaVision, the studio's first streaming series.