Covid-19: Rajasthan’s most cases, deaths reported from Jaipur
Rajasthan reported 20 deaths and 2,677 Covid-19 cases that took the state’s tally of infections to 268,063 on Monday. It has so far reported 2,312 fatalities and has 28,653 active cases.
Jaipur reported 745 new cases followed by 475 in Jodhpur, 190 in Kota, 97 in Tonk, 90 each in Alwar, Nagaur and Bharatpur.
Rajasthan has imposed night curfews in 13 districts and lockdown in containment areas to tackle the growing infections. It has recorded over 30,000 cases in the last 10 days.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The government claims that there's no proof either of any loss of revenue and of benefits accruing to department officials or of their involvement in any conspiracy.
- Hardik Pandya and KL Rahul had petitioned the high court last year seeking quashing of the FIR. The court had already given interim protection to both of them from arrest.
- A senior BJP leader said that attempts have been made to include almost all the major communities in the core group.
- The accused put up the warning against the corporator on his facebook page and made offers to hire contract killers, following which, police’s cyber cell traced and nabbed him
- n the missing complaint, family members expressed apprehension that the boy might have crossed to Pakistan since the family lived very close to the Indo-Pak international border and they had relatives in Pabni village in Pakistan.
- Chief minister Ashok Gehlot claimed that Rajasthan was the only state in India to be put in the green category in the detailed evaluation done by the World Health Organization due to better performance on all the parameters of vaccination.
- The Supreme Court had said last year in February that illegal sand mining could cause irreparable damage to the environment and is rampant in Rajasthan.
- Rajasthan CM Ashok Gehlot held the 'verbal exchange' between the two vaccine manufacturers as the reason behind the decline in participation in the vaccination drive
- Gajendra Singh was the son of former home minister and Congress stalwart from Rajasthan, Gulab Singh Shaktawat.
- The police investigated the case and got hold of the accused who was found to be a woman during the medical examination.
- Bikaner’s superintendent of police, Priti Chandra, rubbished the claims made by the girl’s family.
- All the passengers on the bus were from the Jain community and were returning to Ajmer after visiting a temple in Beawar