Kargil Vijay Diwas symbol of India’s self-respect, valour and steadfast leadership: Amit Shah
Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Sunday saluted the valour and grit of the Indian soldiers on the occasion of 21st anniversary of the Kargil Vijay Diwas.
Shah took to Twitter and said that Kargil Vijay Diwas is a symbol of India’s proud, valour and steadfast leadership.
“Kargil Vijay Diwas is a symbol of India’s proud, valour and steadfast leadership. I bow to the soldiers who, with their indomitable courage, drove the enemy from the inaccessible hills of Kargil and waved the tricolor there again. The country is proud of the heroes of India, who are dedicated to protecting the motherland,” Shah tweeted (translated from Hindi)
The country is celebrating the anniversary of the Kargil Vijay Diwas.
The Indian armed forces had defeated Pakistan on July 26, 1999. Since then, the day is celebrated as Kargil Vijay Diwas to rekindle the pride and valour of the soldiers who took part in Operation Vijay.
The day marks the victory of Indian soldiers in recapturing the mountain heights that were occupied by the Pakistani Army on July 26, 1999, known as the Kargil War.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- Captain Amarinder Singh the violence would negate the goodwill the farmers had earned through their peaceful protests so far.
- The Haryana government said the decision was taken on the basis of intelligence reports on the likelihood of violence and disturbance of public peace in the state's national capital region districts
- A three-tier security was placed across Kashmir, especially around Srinagar's SK stadium where the main function was held.
- The Dhannipur project includes a mosque, hospital, museum, library, community kitchen, Indo-Islamic Cultural Research Centre and Publication House.
- The centenarian’s day starts at 5.30 in the morning and by 6 am she is on the field working until the afternoon.
- The victims were carrying the body of a person from Asansol in West Bengal to Chittorgarh in Rajasthan when the accident took place.