Manipur CM N Biren Singh tests positive for Covid-19
Manipur chief minister Nongthombam Biren Singh on Sunday said he had tested positive for Covid-19 and urged those who came in contact with him in the past few days to get themselves tested.
“Friends, I have tested Covid positive today after having some symptoms,” Biren wrote on his Facebook page on Sunday.
“All that have been in close proximity to me in the last few days are requested to get themselves tested,” he said. “I am fine at the moment.”
In September this year, Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu too had tested positive for Covid 19.
Union home minister Amit Shah, Karnataka chief minister BS Yediyurappa, Haryana chief minister ML Khattar, Madhya Pradesh chief minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia are among some top notch politicians who tested positive for Covid-19 infection in the last two months before recovering.
On Saturday, five men succumbed to Covid-19 at four health care centres in the state, according to health department officials. The cumulative number of deaths recorded due to Covid-19 has risen to 218.
With the recovery of 211 Covid-19 infected persons, the total number of recovered Covid-19 cases in Manipur has reached 18,334 on Saturday, said the officials. The recovery rate in the state stands at 84.73%.
The cumulative number of positive cases recorded in the state so far stands at 21,636, while the number of active cases is 3,084, as per official data.
So far 452,128 people have been screened at various entry points of the state while 384,235 individuals have been tested for the disease, said the officials.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Under the Trekking Traction Homestay Scheme, villages near important and popular trekking routes are being developed by the tourism department as trekking clusters.
- Congress leaders accused the police of using force to create a nuisance during a peaceful protest of farmers and Congress workers.
- Taking a cue from Prime Minister Narendra Modi calling Uttarakhand the Sainya Dham - fifth dham after the traditional Char Dhams -- Rawat in 2019 had announced that the state government will set up a Sainya Dham in Dehradun.
- A police team has been deployed in the village to ward off any fresh trouble. The police have also initiated an investigation to nab all the accused.
- Some leaders and political experts even described Modi’s visit as an exercise to woo Bengali voters on whom Bose’s ideology has great influence even after 76 years of his mysterious disappearance.
- With the scheme, nearly 5 million CAPF personnel and their families can avail cashless medical treatment.
- The scheme aims at reduction in livelihood vulnerabilities of the urban poor including migrant labourers and informal workers.
- Presently, over 5,000 cases are pending with the Tribunal of which the bulk of matters arise out of proceedings under PMLA.
- Gandhi is on a tour of the western belt where he will next visit Erode, Tiruppur, Karur and Dindigul districts to meet farmers, weavers and youngsters.