News updates from Hindustan Times: Celebs, religious leaders in govt’s Covid-19 vaccine strategy and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion at 5 pm. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Centre releases Covid-19 vaccine strategy; celebs, religious leaders part of campaigning
The Union health ministry has released an 88-page document detailing how information about Covid-19 vaccine will be disseminated to all people, across all states in the country.
Patna administration identifies all 96 UK returnees, conducts tests
Patna district administration on Thursday identified all the 96 people who had returned to the state capital from United Kingdom (UK) from November 21 to December 21.
IRCTC overhauls site, ticket booking facilities. Check new features
The online ticket booking site of the Indian Railways, IRCTC, has got an upgrade which will allow passengers to book tickets without any hassle, railway minister Piyush Goyal said on Thursday, launching the upgraded version of the IRCTC website.
Covid-19 vaccine: All states, UTs to conduct dry run on January 2
After conducting a dry run of vaccination in Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and Gujarat on December 28 and 29, the centre has now planned to extend the drill to rest of the country so that once a vaccine shot is approved for emergency use, administering vaccine goes on without a glitch anywhere.
New Year eve restrictions in Delhi, Mumbai & other cities | Key details
The Delhi government has imposed night curfew from 11 pm to 6 am on December 31 and January 1 to avoid large gatherings during New Year celebrations due to Covid-19 and its UK strain. An order issued by Vijay Dev, Delhi Chief Secretary and chairman of the Executive Committee of Delhi Disaster Management Authority (DDMA) stated that not more than five people will be allowed to assemble at public places in Delhi during the night curfew.
Watch full video here.
‘2021, be kind’: Smriti Irani shares heartfelt post as she looks forward to New Year with ‘hope’
For many people across the globe, 2020 has been one of the most challenging years of their lifetimes. The pandemic has changed how we work, how we live and to some point how we communicate with each other. Now, people are waiting to usher in 2021 with hope. Among them is Union Minister Smriti Irani.
Tata Altroz Turbo officially teased ahead of launch on January 13
Tata Motors is all set to launch the new turbo variant of its popular premium hatchback Altroz on January 13. Ahead of its launch, the carmaker took to social media to tease the new hatchback.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- It was the second Maoist attack in the last two days in Chhattisgarh.
- A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) asked the petitioner's lawyer to compile a list of similarly placed officers of the Indian armed forces still languishing in Pakistani jails.
- The order was issued after hearing an injunction suit filed by Ramesh Jarkiholi’s lawyers on Wednesday. The suit had named 68 media houses, channels and others.
- High Commissioner Alex Ellis also said more debates on the farmers' protest should be expected around the world as India takes on a greater role on the global stage
- Giving two weeks to the government to come back with its response, the bench then formally recorded in its order that one of the issues that has caught its attention is “uncontrolled and unscreened viewing of films” on Amazon Prime Video and other OTT platforms.
- The roughly 20,000 centres being used for the vaccine drive at the moment are hospitals, private as well as public, while many primary and secondary health centres at present are kept out of the programme.
- The external affairs ministry, which too rejected Freedom House’s report, also took exception to the depiction of Jammu and Kashmir in the map used in the document.