News updates from Hindustan Times: Puri says domestic flight ops move towards pre-Covid numbers and all the latest news
Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
Union minister Hardeep Puri shares stats, says domestic flight ops steadily move towards pre-Covid numbers
Union minister Hardeep Singh Puri said on Sunday that the domestic aviation operations, which were badly hit by the coronavirus disease pandemic, are steadily moving towards the pre-Covid numbers. Read more
Farmers ransack Khattar's Kisan Panchayat venue, clash with pro-farm laws group
Haryana farmers, protesting against the three Central farm laws, ransacked the venue of chief minister Manohar Lal Khattar's Kisan Mahapanchayat, in a Karnal village on Sunday. Read more
Proactively prepping for nationwide roll-out of Covid-19 vaccine: Govt
The Centre has been proactively preparing for the nationwide Covid-19 vaccination drive that begins on January 16, the Union ministry of health and family welfare said on Sunday. Read more
Ahead of Covid-19 vaccine rollout, how states have made preparations: 10 points
The Centre has announced that it is going to launch the Covid-19 vaccination on January 16. Read more
India vs Australia: 'Absolute peak of rowdy behaviour,' Virat Kohli speaks out on racism incident in 3rd Test
India pacer Mohammed Siraj was again subjected to racial slurs by fans in the crowd at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Sunday. Read more
Taapsee Pannu tweets about how insecure people are jealous, is it her response to Kangana Ranaut?
Taapsee Pannu has shared a quote on Twitter about jealous people and their insecurities. Read more
Gymnast performs breathtaking backflips in sarees, netizens love it. Watch
A national-gold medalist named Parul Arora is winning netizens' hearts, one saree-clad backflip at a time. Read more
Watch: Railway cops save woman from rolling into platform gap in Thane
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A statement form the Rajasthan Chief Minister's Office cited rising Covid-19 cases in the neighbouring states for the decision to insist on negative Covid reports for visitors.
- The woman who suspected foul play, checked the accused's Facebook account and found out that he was regularly chatting with another woman, who turned out to be his wife.
- It was the second Maoist attack in the last two days in Chhattisgarh.
- A three-judge bench headed by Chief Justice of India (CJI) asked the petitioner's lawyer to compile a list of similarly placed officers of the Indian armed forces still languishing in Pakistani jails.
- The order was issued after hearing an injunction suit filed by Ramesh Jarkiholi’s lawyers on Wednesday. The suit had named 68 media houses, channels and others.
- High Commissioner Alex Ellis also said more debates on the farmers' protest should be expected around the world as India takes on a greater role on the global stage