No fresh Covid-19 fatality in Puducherry; UT reports only 16 new cases
The union territory of Puducherry registered 16 fresh Covid-19 cases on Friday taking the overall tally to 36,856, a top Health department official said.
In a welcome development, no fresh fatality was reported for the eighth day in succession on Friday, a release from the Director of Health and Family Welfare S Mohan Kumar said.
He said 46 patients were discharged after recovery from hospitals during the last 24 hours ending 10 AM.
The 16 new cases were registered at the end of the examination of 1,609 samples.
The Puducherry region accounted for nine fresh cases, while Karaikal and Yanam had one case each and Mahe reported five infections.
The fatality and recovery rates were 1.65 per cent and 96.95 per cent respectively.
Of the 3.95 lakh samples tested so far the Department of Health found 3.54 lakh samples to be negative.
As many as 514 cases of the total 36,856 were active while 35,733 patients had recovered and were discharged from health facilities so far.
The number of fatalities remained at 609 with Puducherry reporting no fresh death, the Health department Director said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The situation in the Ladakh sector remains tense and the ongoing military and diplomatic dialogue has not yielded results.
- A school teacher said more than 200 cows destroyed the kitchen garden and at least 100 plants of flowers, fruits and medicinal plant in the school premises.
- The circular said that all officers and personnel as well as CAPF and any other force deployed for the Republic Day Parade security arrangements should be made aware and be prepared that they will be required for law and order arrangements immediately after the official celebration is over.
- Delhi traffic police requested road users to accordingly plan their journies and avoid the route of parade and tableaux, from 4 am to 12:30 pm for their own convenience.
- According to the FIR registered by the police, the estimated value of the tiger skin that was seized is ₹40 lakh in the international market.
- One CA was arrested on Saturday along with four businessmen in Jaipur for operating 25 fake firms to fraudulently avail and pass on input tax credit.
- While addressing a press conference, Congress General Secretary Ajay Maken demanded an explanation of how exactly has the government spent ₹20 lakh crore that it "collected by multiple hikes in excise duty on both petrol and diesel" in last six years.
- The girl claims that the college has withheld her diploma certificate for non-payment of dues.