NSA Ajit Doval comes to the aid of PM Modi at White House media event
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on Tuesday saved from a possible embarrassment by an alert National Security Advisor (NSA) Ajit Doval when wind swept away some pages of his prepared remarks to the media at the White House.
The incident happened while the prime minister was attentively listening to the remarks of US President Donald Trump at the Rose Garden of the presidential mansion after their first meeting.
Doval, who was seated on the front row along with some other senior Indian officials, sprang up and quickly retrieved the papers and handed it back to the prime minister. The wind again played up and the papers were blown away once again only to be retrieved by Doval.
Modi’s summit with Trump was the first face-to-face meeting between the leaders of the two major countries.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Speaker had initiated proceedings under anti-defection laws to decide if the merger of Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM-P) led by Babulal Marandi into the BJP in February, 2020, was valid.
- “There is no chance of her joining. She is not in the AIADMK party,” Palaniswami told reporters.
- The party leadership had reportedly told three senior leaders (Chandy, Chennithala and Ramachandran) who were summoned to Delhi two days ago that winning the election was top priority and to give more importance to the party than factions.
- Against the backdrop of China’s assertive actions amid the Covid-19 pandemic, India has stepped up cooperation with its partners to oppose unilateral actions and protect the freedom of navigation and overflight across the Indo-Pacific.
- Newly-formed Anchalik Gana Morcha (AGM) of journalist-turned-politician and Rajya Sabha MP Ajit Kumar Bhuyan and three Left parties, CPI, CPI-M and CPI-ML, will also be part of this pre-poll tie up.
- Bhutan, the Maldives and Bangladesh will be among the first countries in the neighbourhood to receive Covid-19 vaccines from India as grant assistance.
- The accused assaulted the girl late Monday night when she had gone to the family’s agricultural field to switch off a water pump.
- Sajjad Lone's Peoples' Conference decided to exit the Gupkar Alliance over the fielding of proxy candidates by constituent parties against the officially mandated candidates of the alliance during DDC elections