Arms-laden Pak drone shot down by BSF along International Border in J&K’s Kathua
The Border Security Force shot down a Pakistani drone along the International Border in Kathua district of Jammu and Kashmir on Saturday, the officials said. The patrolling party of the BSF found the drone flying in the Rathua area of Hiranagar sector in Kathua, Jammu And Kashmir and shot it down. The drone fell into a field.
“The Pakistani drone was flying inside Indian territory in Rathua area in Hiranagar sector around 5.10 am when a BSF patrol shot it down,“ said a police officer at Kathua police control room.
Inspector General, BSF Jammu Frontier NS Jamwal said, “The BSF has shot down a drone from Pakistan near Kathua and recovered among others M-4 US-made semi-automatic rifle, 60 rounds in it, two magazines and seven M67 grenades”.
“It is a big development because the Pakistanis have adopted similar modus operandi of what they have been doing in Punjab,” he added.
The six copter drone itself weighed around 17.5 kilograms and the consignment weighed around five to six kilograms, said Jamwal.
“Surely, it was an attempt to deliver the arms and ammunition to someone here on this side. Who was he, remains a matter of investigation,” he said.
The BSF IGP informed that the drone had a winch mechanism with which entire consignment had to be dropped to this side and it had to fly back to Pakistan.
“This delivery was for some ‘Ali Bhai’ as the payload was carrying his name,” he said.
A senior police official said that the drone was 8 feet in wide blade-to-blade and seems to have been controlled by Pak picket opposite Panesar Post of BSF in Hiranagar sector.
“Same weapons were recovered from Jaish-e-Mohammad militants who were killed after infiltration from Pakistan in an encounter at Ban toll plaza Nagrota while they were travelling in a truck to Kashmir some months back,” the official said.
Pak rangers and Pakistani Army use such drones to see deployment of Indian forces and gaps to push terrorists into India.
Hiranagar sector has always remained an infiltration route for Pakistani terrorists because of its terrain and three to four seasonal rivulets that flow into Pakistan.
The development comes close on the heels of the Galwan Valley intrusion by Chinese troops where India lost 20 of its soldiers on June 15 that included commanding officer of Bihar Regiment, Colonel Santosh Babu.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Those entering India can be granted refugee status, but they will be deported if the government decides against it
- The 50-odd pages document, anchored by the national security adviser’s office, is now awaiting the approval from the Prime Minister’s office before it is released.
- Delhi, which gave shots to 1,679 people per million population in the second phase till Wednesday night, was in the second spot, while Odisha (1,283 doses per million) was third.
- The scenes that caused offence have since been deleted, and the makers as well as the OTT company have apologised.
- The medical fitness team of the Army tested close to 615 women SSC officers entitled for permanent commission, following the apex court judgment, on five counts: psychiatry, height, appendage (bone structure), physical and eye and ear.
- The EOL report has calculated its overall scores on the basis of four parameters: quality of life, economic ability, sustainability and citizen perception.
- Bengaluru, India’s technology capital, is an economic powerhouse on account of the presence of some of the world’s largest corporations.
- K Surendran, the state BJP president who made the original announcement claimed he was quoted out of context.
- The biosphere reserve spread over an area of 5569 sq km contributes 38% of the total protected area network in Odisha. It is also one of the oldest tiger reserves in the country having the largest zone of Sal trees.
- For the first time, junior commissioned officers (JCOs) and jawans are taking part in the top conference, as reported by Hindustan Times on Wednesday.
- According to the IMD's forecast, Friday and Saturday may see higher daytime temperatures that could rise to 39 degrees Celsius.
- A police officer said that the complainant's status as witness in the case of alleged sexual exploitation against former minister Ramesh Jarkiholi is also unclear.