Rajasthan: Tiger mauls man to death in Ranthambore
A tiger mauled a man to death in a village in Ranthambore National Park, Sawai Madhopur on Thursday.
The incident took place in the Baler range of the national park in the afternoon.
The field director of the national park, Tikam Chand Verma, said, “The administration received information from the patrolling team that a tiger mauled a resident of Kanedi village in Khandar region along the national park.”
Authorities identified the victim as 40-year-old Pappu Gurjar but have not been able to identify the tiger so far, he said, adding that Kanedi village is situated on revenue land and lies on the periphery of the national park.
Verma said a patrolling team had warned the villagers that tigers could be moving close to their homes.
He said that prima facie it appeared that while the tiger attacked the man, it did not eat him.
“The wildlife department will provide compensation of Rs4 lakh to the family of the deceased man,” Verma said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Only around 25,000 spectators will be allowed to witness the parade as compared to the average of 1.15 lakh people every year.
- Republic Day 2021 Live Updates: The Republic Day Parade ceremony will commence with Prime Minister Narendra Modi visiting the National War Memorial.
- The Republic Day Parade ceremony will commence with Prime Minister Narendra Modi visiting the National War Memorial. He will lead the nation in paying tributes to the fallen heroes by laying a wreath.
- The claim, that the portrait was based on Bengali actor Prosenjit Chatterjee, popularly known as Bumba, who played Bose in a 2019 movie, Gumnaami gathered momentum.
- The latest incident took place at Naku La area, which is at a height of over 5,000 metres, on January 20, when Chinese soldiers attempted to intrude into the Indian territory.
- The state government, got adjournments from the high court in the last two hearings citing the pendency of the similar petitions before the Supreme Court.