Two arrested in Goregaon under-construction building collapse
The Mumbai Police have arrested the contractor and supervisor of the Goregaon building that collapsed on Sunday. Three people had died in the collapse of a portion of the under-constructoin building near Azad Maidan in Mumbai.
The two arrested men have been presented before the court and sent to police custody till December 29.
Apart from the three dead, eight people had sustained injuries in the building collapse.
The incident took place on Sunday morning when three-storey Mhada Chawl located in Motilal Nagar suddenly came crashing down.
One of the deceased has been identified as 22-year-old Ramu. He was rushed to a local hospital where the doctor declared him brought dead.
A team of National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) reached the spot to help with the rescue operation. The injured have been admitted to Siddharth Hospital for treatment. The condition of those injured is said to be stable.
The reason for the collapse of the building is yet to be ascertained.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In January, the Supreme Court dismissed pleas of the Uttar Pradesh government challenging the bail granted to Samajwadi Party MP Azam Khan, his wife Dr Tanzeen Fathima, and son Abdullah Azam Khan in an alleged case of forging birth certificate.
- An associate of the judicial magistrate allegedly demanded and accepted a bribe on her behalf for dismissing a criminal complaint against a milk vendor.
- Earlier, the CM had hit out at BJP's minister of state for external affairs, V Muraleedharan, alleging after his elevation, smuggling from West Asian countries increased manifold
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's rally at the famous Brigade Parade Grounds in Maidan area is expected to draw a huge crowd.
- The police were investigating the case from all possible angles.