Watch: How new tax proposals will bring cheer to the middle class
A draft report on a new direct tax code recently submitted to the Finance Ministry contained recommendations for revising income tax slabs. In case the government implements these recommendations, the revised regime would come as great news for the middle class. Watch the full video to know how the proposed slabs will affect you - with those whose annual income is up to Rs 5 lakh continuing to pay zero tax, while those between Rs 5 and Rs 10 lakh will have the option to save up to Rs 37,500. In case your income is between Rs 10 lakh and Rs 20 lakh annually, you can hope to save up to Rs 1 lakh.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The situation in the Ladakh sector remains tense and the ongoing military and diplomatic dialogue has not yielded results.
- A school teacher said more than 200 cows destroyed the kitchen garden and at least 100 plants of flowers, fruits and medicinal plant in the school premises.
- The circular said that all officers and personnel as well as CAPF and any other force deployed for the Republic Day Parade security arrangements should be made aware and be prepared that they will be required for law and order arrangements immediately after the official celebration is over.
- Delhi traffic police requested road users to accordingly plan their journies and avoid the route of parade and tableaux, from 4 am to 12:30 pm for their own convenience.
- According to the FIR registered by the police, the estimated value of the tiger skin that was seized is ₹40 lakh in the international market.
- One CA was arrested on Saturday along with four businessmen in Jaipur for operating 25 fake firms to fraudulently avail and pass on input tax credit.
- While addressing a press conference, Congress General Secretary Ajay Maken demanded an explanation of how exactly has the government spent ₹20 lakh crore that it "collected by multiple hikes in excise duty on both petrol and diesel" in last six years.
- The girl claims that the college has withheld her diploma certificate for non-payment of dues.