2 confirmed cases of SARS reported in China
Two suspected SARS patients in southern China are suffering from the disease, the government said on Saturday.india Updated: Jan 17, 2004 15:13 IST
Two suspected SARS patients in southern China are suffering from the disease, the government said on Saturday.
The two cases were a 20-year-old restaurant waitress and a 35-year-old businessman, the official Xinhua News Agency said in a brief dispatch, citing the Health Ministry.
The two people were identified as suspected cases on January 8 and January 13, Xinhua said.
The woman was discharged from the hospital on Saturday and all the people who had contact with her have been removed from medical observation without showing any symptoms, Xinhua said. The businessman was in stable condition, it said.
No other details were provided.
The season's first confirmed case, a 32-year-old television producer, was released from the hospital last week.
First Published: Jan 17, 2004 15:13 IST