2G case: Arguments in court against Raja, Kanimozhi on June 3
A special court on Friday fixed June 3 for commencing arguments against former telecom minister A Raja, DMK MP Kanimozhi and others accused of money laundering in a case linked to the 2G scam.
Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Special Judge OP Saini also directed the Enforcement Directorate (ED) to furnish the documents filed with charge sheet to all the 19 accused.
The court said it will also hear arguments on the bail application moved by Raja, Kanimozhi and the other accused on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, the ED filed replies on the bail plea of the accused.
Raja, Kanimozhi, Swan telecom promoters Shahid Usman Balwa and Vinod Goenka, Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt. Ltd. (KFVPL) directors Asif Balwa and Rajiv Agarwal, Bollywood producer Karim Morani, Kalaignar TV director Sharad Kumar and P Amirthan were charge sheeted by the ED on May 2.
The companies named in the case are: Swan Telecom Pvt. Ltd. (STPL), Kusegaon Realty Pvt. Ltd., Cineyug Media and Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. (Cineyug Films), Kalaignar TV (KTV) Pvt. Ltd., Dynamix Realty, Eversmile Construction Company Private Limited, Conwood Construction and Developers (P) Ltd., DB Realty Ltd. and Nihar Construction Pvt. Ltd.
The authorised representatives of these companies appeared before the court.
The accused have been booked under various sections of the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
"The investigation revealed that an amount of Rs 200 crore was paid by promoters of STPL, using their group entity, Dynamix Realty, to KTV, through KFVPL and CFPL (Cineyug Films) in the garb of legitimate financial transaction that is as loan/share application money," the ED has said in the charge sheet.
It said the payment was illegal gratification for and on behalf of Raja and his associates in lieu of illegal favours given to the STPL for grant of UAS license.
The ED told the court that investigation has revealed that the return of Rs 200 crore has been done along with the additional amount in order to show this illegal payment in the guise of legal and bona fide financial transactions.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian and finance minister Bruno Le Maire will be in Delhi next month while IAF chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria will be in France. At least 8 Rafale fighters will leave for India through mid-air refuelling by UAE between April 19 and April 23.
- The order also said that Kailashnathan will head an executive council set up for the purpose,
- Congress is like an ocean, Gandhi said in the national executive meeting of the IYC, and if anyone wants to return can be allowed to do so.
- The two-day trip to Dhaka will be Modi’s first foreign visit in 15 months
- Parties urge Speaker, Chairman to reduce sessions amid polls; both Houses to begin at 11 am from Tuesday
- Additional sessions judge Sandeep Yadav convicted 35-year-old Khan, also known as Junaid, Salim and Anna
- The database uses Aadhaar-based data generated from key farm sector programmes such as PM-KISAN.
- Police data shows that some of the 522 passengers nabbed in last 5 years while carrying live bullets in their bags claimed they had done so unknowingly
- Private firms will likely claim that the law interferes with their constitutional rights to carry on trade freely
- From SC-ST social groups, reservations have expanded to OBCs, economically weaker sections
- The revenue in March may cross the record Rs.1,19,875 crore collected in January by at least Rs.10,000 crore.
- Officials said that an inquiry committee, constituted by the Visitor of Delhi University (DU), the President of India, held its final meeting.