Actor Kunal Singh commits suicide in Mumbai
South Indian actor Kunal Singh, who has also starred in some Bhojpuri movies and one Bollywood movie, has committed suicide at his residence in Oshiwara, northwest suburb of Mumbai.
Singh's close friend Lavina, who was present in the apartment for some official work on Wednesday at the time of the incident, found his body, the police said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Vinay Choube told IANS that when Lavina stepped into the bathroom, Singh hanged himself from the ceiling fan in his first floor flat in Windermere apartment.
Since the actor, in his late 30s, did not leave behind a suicide note, the police are awaiting the autopsy report before deciding the line of investigation, Choube added. The body has been sent to the nearby Cooper Hospital in Juhu.
"According to Lavina's statement, she found Singh hanging from the ceiling fan when she came out of the bathroom. She summoned the watchman before calling the police," Choube said.
Lavina, 23, who is into film production, had visited Singh's apartment to discuss his forthcoming untitled Hindi movie, police officials said.
Singh is survived by his wife and two children and was living at Oshiwara for the last one-and-a-half years.
Police sources suspect marital discord between the actor and his wife as the motive behind the Singh's decision to end his life.
Singh's wife left the house with their children two days back for Ahmednagar, where her parents live, following a heated argument over the actor's alleged close relationship with Lavina, police said.
Singh has starred in Bollywood movie Dil Hi Dil Main opposite Sonali Bendre released in 2000.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Earlier this month, CBI in the first charge-sheet in the case had named BSF Commandant Satish Kumar and Murshidabad-based businessman Enamul Haque along with five others for their alleged involvement in cattle smuggling across the India-Bangladesh border.
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.