Annual Sarthal Devi Yatra begins in J&K
Thousands of faithfuls on Friday participated in the annual Shobha Yatra of the Astdash Bhuja Mata Sarthal Devi in Jammu and Kashmir.
Pilgrims set forth for the shrine of Sarthal Devi Mata located in the Pri Panchal ranges from Gori Shanker Mandir Sarkoot in Kishtwar since Thursday after conducting the traditional and religious rituals. The yatra will conclude on Friday at the Sarthal Devi Bhawan.
The devotees believe that Sarthal Devi is the Hindu's Kuldevi residing in Kishtwar and held her in high reverence only next to Mata Vaishnoo Devi.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Uttarakhand's Urban Development Minister Madan Kaushik said green bonus was a major demand of the state for conserving about 71% of its total area.
- The CJI was candid to admit that those appointed to a committee were free to express their views on the subject on which they have been called to consider.
- The BKU said committee will tour US Nagar district to ensure farmers participation with their tractors in Delhi on Republic Day .
- The BJP leader said the Congress is not interested in resolving the issues pertaining to the farmers and Gandhi’s media address a day before the government and the farmers’ meet shows that the party does not want the talks to be successful.
- The rhino had moved out of the Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve on January 16 at Jakahalabandha area of Kaliabor.
- The glitches in the CoWIN application have affected the vaccination drive in Rajasthan. The second day of the inoculation program saw 11,288 health workers of the 68.7% of targeted beneficiaries, which works out to 5 percentage points less than the first day.
- Biotic interference in Nongkhyllem Wildlife Sanctuary has been significantly reduced, zonation has been done in terms of core and buffer zones and it has a duly notified eco-sensitive zone