BJP to take decision against dissidents at right time: Punj
BJP MP Balbir Punj today refused to comment on whether the party would take action against veteran party leader Keshubhai Patel and other dissident leaders, who have opened a front against chief minister Narendra Modi.
"Party takes decision whenever it is required," Patel told reporters here but refused to elaborate any further.
The dissidents have been criticising the style of functioning of Modi and former chief minister Keshubhai Patel has also submitted a letter to the BJP high command in Delhi against Modi.
In the city to launch demonstration and programmes on 'Save Kashmir and Save democracy, Punj said "normalcy could return to Jammu and Kashmir only after return of 3.5 lakh Kashmiri pandits."
The increase in number of tourists visiting the J&K this year does not suggest return of normalcy in the state, Punj said.
Punj agreed that there has been a "decline in number of militant attacks in the state in recent months because the Pakistani government has reduced its support to the militants."
Not only that, the local Kashmiris have also stopped supporting the cause of militants, Punj said.
Punj criticised the interlocutors' report on Jammu and Kashmir and warned against any attempt on restoring pre-1953 status to Kashmir having autonomy, separate constitution, etc.
He, however, evaded questions on NDA's presidential nominee PA Sangama joining the BJP.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Only around 25,000 spectators will be allowed to witness the parade as compared to the average of 1.15 lakh people every year.
- Republic Day 2021 Live Updates: The Republic Day Parade ceremony will commence with Prime Minister Narendra Modi visiting the National War Memorial.
- The Republic Day Parade ceremony will commence with Prime Minister Narendra Modi visiting the National War Memorial. He will lead the nation in paying tributes to the fallen heroes by laying a wreath.
- The claim, that the portrait was based on Bengali actor Prosenjit Chatterjee, popularly known as Bumba, who played Bose in a 2019 movie, Gumnaami gathered momentum.
- The latest incident took place at Naku La area, which is at a height of over 5,000 metres, on January 20, when Chinese soldiers attempted to intrude into the Indian territory.
- The state government, got adjournments from the high court in the last two hearings citing the pendency of the similar petitions before the Supreme Court.
- The list of Padma awards also comprised 10 Padma Bhushan and 102 Padma Shri recipients.