Board names 22 probables for Women's Asia Cup
MITHALI RAJ will lead the Indian cricket team for the Women's Asia Cup, to be held in Sri Lanka in April. Other prominent members of the squad are ICC Women's Cricketer of 2007 Jhulan Goswami, Jaya Sharma and Rumeli Dhar.
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has named 22 probables for the event.
The national selection committee, comprising former cricketers Vrunda Bhagat, Anju Jain, Mithu Mukherjee, Sandhya Agarwal and Purnima Rao, Wednesday chose the probables based on their performance in the inaugural Challenger Trophy that concluded at Mumbai Tuesday.
Mithali Raj (Railways), Jhulan Goswami (Bengal), Jaya Sharma (Railways), Karuna Jain (Karnataka), Rumeli Dhar (Railways), Amita Sharma (Railways), Deveika Palshikar (Maharashtra), M.D. Trushkamini (Tamil Nadu), Priti Dimri (Railways), Neetu David (Railways), Seema Pujare (Mumbai), Snehal Pradhan (Maharashtra), Priyanka Roy (Bengal), Anagha Deshpande (Maharashtra), Asha Rawat (Delhi), Gouhar Sultana (Hyderabad), Pallavi Bharadwaj (Madhya Pradesh), Sulakshana Naik(Railways), Swa
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- On February 23, a Maoist camp was destroyed and an ambush against security forces was foiled by police in Gadchiroli district.
- Centre releases 2020 ‘Ease of Living Index’, experts cite women safety, transportation to explain outcome
- A single-phase election to 234 assembly seats is scheduled for April 6 in Tamil Nadu.
- The protesting farmers will block the six-lane Western Peripheral Expressway, also known as Kundli–Manesar–Palwal (KMP) Expressway for five hours, from 11 am to till 4 pm, Samyukta Kisan Morcha (SKM) announced on Wednesday.
- Former Goa CM and BJP stalwart Manohar Parrikar's son Utpal admitted he was breaking ranks with the party but stopped short of saying he was rebelling.