Cop beats up woman in marketplace
A woman was beaten up by a policewoman in full public view in Shastri Nagar area under Kavi Nagar Police Station on Monday morning. Ramji Lal, the police station in-charge, however, denied the claim and said no incident took place. This was despite the fact that he was present on the spot.
Kreeti Garg, who runs a beauty parlour, had a dispute with her husband Himanshu Garg, who runs a department store, over some property. Both are living in the same house and their divorce case is under court's consideration.
This morning the couple had an altercation over some property matter. Kreeti reportedly went to the first floor of their house and threatened to jump. Later several police personnel, including Kavinagar police station in-charge, arrived at the spot along with a female constable. Soon, the female constable was seen slapping and hitting the woman in full public view. “The woman constable beat me up with no provocation. No one came forward to help me,” Kreeti told mediapersons. P.P. Garg, Kreeti’s father-in-law, said the property belongs to his family and that his daughter-in-law was staking claim over it.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All ten vaccination centres across the city sported colourful curtains and were decorated with flowers. Some centres at BYL Nair hospital and Covid-19 jumbo centre at Bandra Kurla Complex also placed selfie spots with ‘I got my Covid-19 vaccine’ message in the backdrop.
- In its response, BKU-Lokshakti through its advocate AP Singh told the Court that the Delhi Police application was unnecessary as Section 144 of Criminal Procedure Code is already in place in central Delhi which restricts gathering of five or more persons.
- The health ministry on Saturday said that close to 200,000 people were vaccinated on Day 1 of the drive.
- The Santacruz station of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded a minimum temperature of 16.6 degrees Celsius, a degree below normal. This is the second lowest minimum temperature recorded this season following a mercury drop to 16 degrees Celsius on December 22 last year.
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.