Court acquits three in 1992-93 riots case
The special riots court has acquitted three persons accused of rioting, stone pelting and assaulting during the 1992-93 communal clash in Mumbai.
Magistrate SS Sharma acquitted the three accused- Satyawan Hari Tiwari, Devchand Koli and Kumar Patsupe after the prosecution failed to prove its case against them.
Tiwari, Koli and Patsupe had been accused of rioting, stone pelting and causing enmity between two religious groups.
According to the prosecution, on December 12, 1992 the three accused were part of a mob, which went on a rampage at suburban Vikhroli area.
The police had allegedly recovered certain weapons of assault like iron rods, knives and empty glass bottles from the three accused.
Defence lawyer Prakash Wagh had argued before the court that the prosecution could not produce any independent witness against the three accused.
The court, therefore, acquitted the three due to lack of evidence.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Uttarakhand's Urban Development Minister Madan Kaushik said green bonus was a major demand of the state for conserving about 71% of its total area.
- The CJI was candid to admit that those appointed to a committee were free to express their views on the subject on which they have been called to consider.
- The BKU said committee will tour US Nagar district to ensure farmers participation with their tractors in Delhi on Republic Day .
- The BJP leader said the Congress is not interested in resolving the issues pertaining to the farmers and Gandhi’s media address a day before the government and the farmers’ meet shows that the party does not want the talks to be successful.
- The rhino had moved out of the Kaziranga National Park and Tiger Reserve on January 16 at Jakahalabandha area of Kaliabor.
- The glitches in the CoWIN application have affected the vaccination drive in Rajasthan. The second day of the inoculation program saw 11,288 health workers of the 68.7% of targeted beneficiaries, which works out to 5 percentage points less than the first day.
- Biotic interference in Nongkhyllem Wildlife Sanctuary has been significantly reduced, zonation has been done in terms of core and buffer zones and it has a duly notified eco-sensitive zone