Hospital staffer molests 17-yr-old
In a shocking incident, a 17-year-old physically disabled girl was molested in the ICU of Swami Dayanand Hospital allegedly by a hospital staff on Sunday evening. Police say the incident took place when the girl, a Class 12 student, was wheeled into the ICU by the accused and her mother was stuck with some work.
The mother returned to see the staffer molesting her daughter. On the basis of her complaint, a case of molestation was registered at GTB Enclave police station. The accused has been identified as Rajiv Kumar, 21, and has been held. Kumar was employed as an assistant to a lab technician in the hospital.
BK Singh, deputy commissioner of police (northeast), confirmed the incident and said, “The hospital staff was booked under section 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) of the Indian Penal Code."
According to a senior police officer, the girl had undergone a surgery at Swami Dayanand Hospital on March 30. After the surgery, she was admitted in the ICU. “On Sunday evening, Rajiv misbehaved with the girl in the ICU. The girl’s mother returned to discover this and immediately raised an alarm. She brought the matter before the hospital authorities and also informed the police,” the officer said.
Kumar belongs to Kankroli in Rajasthan and was working in the hospital for the past few months, police said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- French foreign minister Jean-Yves Le Drian and finance minister Bruno Le Maire will be in Delhi next month while IAF chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria will be in France. At least 8 Rafale fighters will leave for India through mid-air refuelling by UAE between April 19 and April 23.
- The order also said that Kailashnathan will head an executive council set up for the purpose,
- Congress is like an ocean, Gandhi said in the national executive meeting of the IYC, and if anyone wants to return can be allowed to do so.
- The two-day trip to Dhaka will be Modi’s first foreign visit in 15 months
- Parties urge Speaker, Chairman to reduce sessions amid polls; both Houses to begin at 11 am from Tuesday
- Additional sessions judge Sandeep Yadav convicted 35-year-old Khan, also known as Junaid, Salim and Anna
- The database uses Aadhaar-based data generated from key farm sector programmes such as PM-KISAN.
- Police data shows that some of the 522 passengers nabbed in last 5 years while carrying live bullets in their bags claimed they had done so unknowingly
- Private firms will likely claim that the law interferes with their constitutional rights to carry on trade freely
- From SC-ST social groups, reservations have expanded to OBCs, economically weaker sections
- Officials said that an inquiry committee, constituted by the Visitor of Delhi University (DU), the President of India, held its final meeting.