'I dance to my wife's tune all the time'
She is my wife and I dance to her tune all the time,” admits Abhishek Bachchan, directing tender glances towards wife Aishwarya. Of late, though, the tables have turned, quite literally, thanks to Ash being down and out with German measles. But with the Bachchans’ Unforgettable world tour around the corner, it was imperative that they all kept up with their practice.
So, while wife Ash would be resting, Abhi would go for rehearsals, learn his steps as well as hers, and then go back and teach Ash her steps. “I can now do Kajra Re…I know all her steps,” he said with a grin.
Besides Kajra re…, Aishwarya will also be dancing with Madhuri to Dola re dola re… from the film Devdas. Said Aishwarya, “It’s the first time, Madhuri and I would be performing together on the song from the time we shot it in the studio. I am very excited about it.”
And while Ash has performed on world tours earlier, this tour will mark Abhi’s debut on world stage.
All for their fans
The first leg of the Unforgettable world tour starts on July 18 in Toronto, and would cover 11 cities. Besides the Bachchans, Preity Zinta and Ritiesh Deshmukh would also be part of the tour.
Ask Abhi-Ash whether the tour would also be family bonding time and they both say an emphatic “NO” in unison. Explained Abhishek, “It’s a very grueling schedule. Though the shows are on the weekend, the weekdays would be spent practicing and improvising the acts and performances. A live performance is a different ballgame altogether.”
While Pa Bachchan will be singing and dancing both. Mum Jaya’s act has been kept under wraps — it’s meant to be the surprise element. “Agar abhi sab bata denge toh humara show dekhne kaun ayega,” quips Amitabh Bachchan.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- All ten vaccination centres across the city sported colourful curtains and were decorated with flowers. Some centres at BYL Nair hospital and Covid-19 jumbo centre at Bandra Kurla Complex also placed selfie spots with ‘I got my Covid-19 vaccine’ message in the backdrop.
- In its response, BKU-Lokshakti through its advocate AP Singh told the Court that the Delhi Police application was unnecessary as Section 144 of Criminal Procedure Code is already in place in central Delhi which restricts gathering of five or more persons.
- The health ministry on Saturday said that close to 200,000 people were vaccinated on Day 1 of the drive.
- The Santacruz station of the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) recorded a minimum temperature of 16.6 degrees Celsius, a degree below normal. This is the second lowest minimum temperature recorded this season following a mercury drop to 16 degrees Celsius on December 22 last year.
- The DoPT is the nodal ministry for the CBI and any administrative action against Class-I gazetted officers (DSPs) is approved by it while the CBI Director has powers to suspend Inspectors and below rank officers.
- The CM said that policies have been simplified and they would be further eased to help those wanting to contribute to Bihar’s progress in different ways.
- Billed as Asia’s oldest and India’s biggest festival, IFFI is being held in Goa since 2004. This year the festival will open with the Indian premiere of the movie ‘Another Round’ by Thomas Vinterberg.