I have lost my father in Amte's death: Nana Patekar
The death of Baba Amte has left him orphaned, actor Nana Patekar on Saturday said.
"I have lost my father...He taught me how to live," Patekar told PTI.
"I have been associated with Baba's Anandwan and other social activities for the last 35 years and my life has been influenced by his life and work," the acclaimed actor said.
Asked his feelings on the state of development work after Amte's demise, Patekar said his sons Prakash and Vikas and the grandchildren will carry forward Baba's legacy.
"His legacy will live on," Patekar, who has over the years made a substantial monetarty contribution to Anandwan, said.
"I returned from Anandwan just a fortnight ago and did not think it would be my last glimpse of the great man," he added.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Earlier this month, CBI in the first charge-sheet in the case had named BSF Commandant Satish Kumar and Murshidabad-based businessman Enamul Haque along with five others for their alleged involvement in cattle smuggling across the India-Bangladesh border.
- The bench, also comprising Justices L Nageswara Rao and S Ravindra Bhat apart from Chief Justice of India (CJI) SA Bobde were of the view that magistrates should play a more “intrusive” role in investigation.
- Police said the accused and the victim were in a relationship for a year, but of late she had been avoiding him.
- The national carrier at present is operating only special passenger trains since the curbs on lockdown were eased. Regular passenger trains have been suspended since March 25, 2020.
- Both the casualties took place due to IED blasts.
- The BJP unit has also been at loggerheads with the ruling Meghalaya Democratic Alliance (MDA) dispensation with its chief Earnest Mawrie accusing it of anomalies in governance.
- Shahjahanpur’s superintendent of police S Anand, SP, denied reports that the girl was burnt after a failed rape attempt
- An expert team is trying to drain out the lake to prevent another tragedy like the Chamoli flash flood.
- The tribal fair draws devotees not only from Telangana, but also from other states like Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
- The notice released by the state government stated “All passengers coming to West Bengal from the aforementioned 4 states shall mandatorily carry a covid negative RT-PCR report for such test conducted within 72 hours of flight departure.”
- The police said they were ascertaining the identities and affiliation of the two terrorists.