I'm not talented enough for Hollywood: King Khan
It seems that Bollywood superstar Shahrukh Khan has a good and a modest reason for not landing a part in a Hollywood movie.
The actor, who is currently in London promoting his new movie Chak De India, said that he will never get a megabucks movie deal because he lacks the skills of his Hollywood counterparts.
"If there is a (Hollywood) role which is interesting enough, I would do it. But so far I have never been offered a big role or a good role from Hollywood - actually, for that matter, never a role from Hollywood, big or small,” Contactmusic quoted him, as saying.
"I don't think I am a specifically talented enough 40-year-old actor. I am sure there are a lot of 40-year-old actors there who are more talented, better looking, speak the language better,” he added.
Khan, dubbed 'the King of Bollywood,’ joked that he doesn’t see himself in a blockbuster unless Hollywood filmmakers start doing Hindi film songs.
"And I don't have a USP (unique selling point) of Kung Fu, I can't do something specific. Unless they start doing Hindi film songs in Hollywood, I don't think anybody is going to cast me,” he said.
However, Khan claims Bollywood stars should stop attempting to break into Hollywood, adding "I don't think working down there (Hollywood) is the ultimate aim or should be the ultimate aim of an Indian actor."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- One of the infected students who took the first dose of the vaccine early last month, died at Begusarai on March 1, after testing positive for SARS CoV-2 on February 25.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.
- At least eight policemen were injured in the two-hour mayhem that began around 9.30 am.
- Bharat Biotech developed the country’s first indigenous vaccine, Covaxin, in partnership with ICMR.
- Five jawans were taking part in a night firing practice when the incident took place.