'I've nothing to do with Sushmita's project'
For long, there has been speculation that Sushmita Sen will make her debut as a director with a film on Rani of Jhansi.
It was also said that since she had roped in Dr Chandraprakash Dwivedi as a creative director-cum-guide on the project.
Denying the trade gup, Dwivedi replies, "That rumour has no base at all. I've nothing to do with Sushmita's project. In fact, some time ago, the media wrote that I would be directing it. Then there was news about a fall-out between us. The fact is that I haven't met her in ages. Neither has she asked me to come on board the film."
Dwivedi, the director of Pinjar and the TV serial Chanakya, states that he has never planned a film on Rani Laxmibai. He is currently shooting a TV serial but does not want to reveal its subject.
"There's nothing happening on the movie front at this very moment," he states.
"But yes, I've signed up to do a serial with Bobby Bedi. We're making Mahabharata which is being written by Farrukh Dhondy."
Remind him that Ekta Kapoor is also toying with the idea of making Mahabharata and he answers, "When there can be hundreds of saas-bahu soaps, there's always place for two Mahabharatas."
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Gandhi has on several occasions attacked the government over the three farm laws, alleging that they are intended to benefit "handful of PM Modi’s friends".
- The victims was being treated at Shri Maharaja Hari Singh hospital in Srinagar where he was on ventilator.
- Mann Ki Baat is also being aired live on the All India Radio, Doordarshan, Narendra Modi mobile app and the YouTube channels of AIR, DD News, PMO and the Union information and broadcasting ministry.
- The forest clearance is the latest in a long line of clearances that have been granted for the project
- The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams board also decided to frame certain guidelines for taking over of temples by the TTD and for providing them financial assistance under Sri Vani Trust.