Indian makes emergency landing
Passengers aboard an Indian Kolkata-Guwahati flight had a miraculous escape on Thursday when their plane was hit by a bird, forcing the pilot to make an emergency landing at the airport in Guwahati.
Flight IC 229 from Kolkata to Guwahati, with 86 passengers on board, was hit by a bird just before it was about to land.
"The bird hit let to a hydraulic failure in the left engine, forcing an emergency landing. The pilot saved the lives of the passengers and it was indeed a close shave," an airport official said, requesting not to be named.
All the passengers are safe.
All incoming and outgoing flights from Guwahati were suspended for about three hours as the Indian aircraft had to be towed away from the runway. The flights later resumed.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The database uses Aadhaar-based data generated from key farm sector programmes such as PM-KISAN.
- Police data shows that some of the 522 passengers nabbed in last 5 years while carrying live bullets in their bags claimed they had done so unknowingly
- Private firms will likely claim that the law interferes with their constitutional rights to carry on trade freely
- From SC-ST social groups, reservations have expanded to OBCs, economically weaker sections
- The revenue in March may cross the record Rs.1,19,875 crore collected in January by at least Rs.10,000 crore.
- Officials said that an inquiry committee, constituted by the Visitor of Delhi University (DU), the President of India, held its final meeting.
- BJP MLAs supported the bill and called it a gift for women on the occasion of Women’s Day
- The technology requires telecoms companies to scrub messages to verify if the text being sent has been approved and it is only being sent to someone who has consented to receive such a message.
- Throughout the day, women protesters organised marches at the sites while wearing yellow, green scarves
- Responding to HT on Monday, CPWD denied all allegations that the waste from the Central Vista construction site was being dumped on the floodplains.
- Two women officers each have been assigned duties aboard INS Vikramaditya and INS Shakti.
- The fire had broken out at the 13th floor of the Eastern Railway’s office in the evening.
- The apex court framed this as one among the several questions to be decided while considering the constitutional validity of a 2018 Maharashtra law.