Jats threaten to re-launch stir for reservation
Jats in Haryana today threatened to re-launch stir if the government did not meet their demand of reservation in government jobs under the OBC quota by February next year.india Updated: Sep 13, 2011 21:07 IST
Jats in Haryana on Tuesday threatened to re-launch stir if the government did not meet their demand of reservation in government jobs under the OBC quota by February next year.
The Jats, who on March 25 had withdrawn their agitation after talks with chief minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda, held a rally at Mayyar village in Hisar and renewed their threat.
"The state and Central governments have betrayed us. Despite positive assurance on our demands, nothing has been done so far," All India Jat Aarakshan Sangarsh Samiti chief Yashpal Malik said.
He said they gave the government time till February 18 to meet their demand, failing which they would launch an indefinite stir.
The Jat agitation earlier this year had paralysed rail traffic in many parts of northern India for several days.
First Published: Sep 13, 2011 21:03 IST