Jharkhand to compensate victims of Maoist violence
The Jharkhand government will compensate people affected by Maoist violence, an official said on Wednesday.
"The Jharkhand advisory council to the governor on Wednesday cleared compensation to people whose properties have been damaged in Maoist violence," Aditya Swaroop, Jharkhand's cabinet secretary, told reporters.
He added: "As per the decision a person will get Rs 1 lakh if immovable and Rs 50,000 if movable property is damaged in Maoist violence".
Till now there was no provision of compensation for people whose houses and other property was damaged in Maoist violence.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- A candidate questioned by MPPEB allowed a tainted company to conduct the exam. The same company was blacklisted by UP after a question paper of recruitment exam for sub-inspectors got leaked in 2017, he alleged.
- Justice Gautam Patel on Tuesday heard a defamation suit filed by model and actor Sakshi Malik against Venkateshwara Creations Pvt Ltd for allegedly using her photograph without permission in their movie.
- With today’s vaccination, the President joins the ranks of statesmen and politicians who have gotten vaccinated since the second phase of vaccination started on March 1.
- The Chief Minister appealed to all eligible people to come forward and get themselves vaccinated.
- The amendment also empowers the Central government to auction mines, which the states have failed to auction. Of the 143 such mines listed for auctioning, states have auctioned only 7 since 2015, the amendment said.
- Here are today’s top news, analysis, and opinion. Know all about the latest news and other news updates from Hindustan Times.