Jimmy to launch production company
Bollywood actor Jimmy Shergill is disappointed with the way his films are promoted and to make things right, the actor is planning to open his own production company.
"It is really disappointing specially after you have put up so much hard work for 30-40 days and then your film don't do well because it has not been promoted or released properly. So I want to open my own production house, I feel I will be a happier man then," says Jimmy, who had as many as seven films that released last year, most of which failed to click at the box office.
However, Jimmy, who received critical acclaims for his role in Stranger and Dus Kahaniyan, is unfazed and is ready with four of his films to be released this year, the newest being Wednesday.
"My film, Wednesday will be released in March-April. It has some great actors like Naseruddin Shah, Anupam Kher and Rajpal Yadav. I am playing a KDS officer in the film. Next, I have Haste Haste, BachelorParty, MumbaiKatin and Flag, which I just completed," says Jimmy, who was in the capital recently for endorsing a lifestyle clothing company as a brand ambassador.
Jimmy, who ever since his debut in Gulzar's Maachis has done a variety of roles, says he is not scared of experimenting and does not care about image.
"In this last decade I have done a lot of experimentation with my looks and character. In my Punjabi film, Mannat I have portrayed a role which spans between 25-46 years of age. So I am not scared of changing my image. It all depends on the character," he says.
Jimmy also feels that on-screen smoking should not be banned as it entirely depends on the character of the film.
"It depends on the requirement of the role. An actor smoking on screen is only portraying a character and if the role requires him to smoke there is nothing wrong in it," he says.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Police said the killer slit the elderly woman's throat with a sharp weapon.
- "I did not learn Tamil. It is such a beautiful language, which is popular all over the world," the prime minister said.
- The rising demand for the ‘war room’ also coincides with the shrinking real estate space for the Congress in the national capital.
- Gandhi has on several occasions attacked the government over the three farm laws, alleging that they are intended to benefit "handful of PM Modi’s friends".
- The victims was being treated at Shri Maharaja Hari Singh hospital in Srinagar where he was on ventilator.
- Mann Ki Baat is also being aired live on the All India Radio, Doordarshan, Narendra Modi mobile app and the YouTube channels of AIR, DD News, PMO and the Union information and broadcasting ministry.
- The forest clearance is the latest in a long line of clearances that have been granted for the project